Motherwell -V- Inverness C.T.

Scotty

Mahonio--I suggested privately a very long time ago when you first came on here that you just take it easy and also gave you a couple of tips how to fit in and so forth.

But , no, you prefer to become increasingly agitated, very angry, vitriolic and frequently swearing and sometimes you just lose it altogether -seemingly because people disagree with you and suggest you post in another more reasoned way. It's not life and death it's only a game.

Personally speaking, I would prefer that you do now take a break and calm down because I find your posting to be very disagreeable, upsetting and not appropriate. And I am now suffering from a severe case of fed-upism.

When you are so extreme and think almost everyone hates you this is simply over-the-top -ism. It's not just show-boating because I think you actually believe all the stuff you throw out in your continual rants.It's just over-reacting to mostly relatively honest comments which are made with no ill intent.

And if you allow others to get under your skin to this extent then you may be about to have a heart attack or a burst blood vessel. For.what? As for the other folks . Just thank them often for their posts or say ..."OOPS" a lot instead.

Thank you.

So you are going to let IHE get off, nice work, he is just going to post more abuse, how can he get away with that ffs and I don't keep my PMs, I delete them after reading them.

I am actually disgusted at this action re IHE!!

Why do you bother wasting your time with this lot -immortal continues to attack insult and bad mouth any poster who disagrees with him and gets away with it - diddy forum diddy moderators and a diddy club -that's all .

I am a fellow ersehole and not an ********** - We are all Gods erseholes but I have an excuse and a rationale fer being an ersehole and you do not. SIMPLES

You really are pathetic IMO

First half we, well we payed the price for giving away a sloppy penalty and we were in the back foot for the rest of the first half but in the second it was like a whole different match we dominated then all over the pitch and Willie Gollum actually gave us some 50-50's. If anyone thinks we deserve to lose or blames someone for the lose they you are talking out your arses cause it was not Yogi who scored the OG or give away a bad penalty. Give it up after pre-season all the Yogi Outer's will be gone cause we will be winning 

• Agree 2

First half we, well we payed the price for giving away a sloppy penalty and we were in the back foot for the rest of the first half but in the second it was like a whole different match we dominated then all over the pitch and Willie Gollum actually gave us some 50-50's. If anyone thinks we deserve to lose or blames someone for the lose they you are talking out your arses cause it was not Yogi who scored the OG or give away a bad penalty. Give it up after pre-season all the Yogi Outer's will be gone cause we will be winning

What game were you watching or are you yogis cousin lol

Well his opinion comes from actually bring there! Can you say the same?

Excellent second half display from us. Encouraging signs at last!

• Agree 4

For those who can face it, don't forget the game's on Alba in a few minutes.

Just seen the 2nd half on Alba the now (can't believe I went and missed MOTD for it, ugh!) and if people are worried about tippy tappy football then thankfully Hughes seemed to abandon it. Don't think I saw more than 2 passes in succession. The standard was deplorable. Chronic to watch. Utter dire nonsense.

I know football in Scotland has been getting steadily worse but that ranked on amateur. So many aimless stray balls.

I see some comments above about sustained pressure but if that's the best we've offered for a while then I'm really worried at it was terrible fare. The recent County game was ok. But that. I'm just glad there's only 1 game left and I can focus that weekend on the last weekend of the Premiership even though tonight has effectively finished it off barring a West Ham surprise.

So glad it's a word cup year. Can erase that from my mind watching Brazil and Germany (Not Spain, it'll bring back bad flash backs).

Those of us at the game saw the team put up a tremendous fight in the second half! Did everything bar score again as the Beeb reports says on website. Thought we'd snatched a well deserved draw at the end when Billy's shot rolled back of the post.

Of course English football is off a higher standard! Think of the money in the game there! Totally unrealistic comparison!

• Agree 4

Forgetful first half, great second half. Pretty much sums it up. We just can't keep having to come out in second halves of games having to chase it.

As for the moaning idiots, this is a thread about last nights game. Shut it with all the rubbish about posting to not posting. If you don't want to post, don't, if you don't like the forum then don't come on, if you think we are a diddy club then see ya!

• Agree 1

I was at the game and the 2nd half spirit was the least I expected after being 2-0 down. Our keeper, defence and defensive midfield look very short of confidence and this led to the two goals. Sorry but I going to upset some people on here but the defence of Hughes is weak and getting weaker. Sighting an alright 35 mins against a lacklustre Divedee United and a spirited 2nd half which still ended up in a loss does not fill me with confidence for next season. One thing from last night that is making me smile is a rumour that Vigurs was allegedly punched by a team mate after the game and it wasn't MacManus.

• Agree 1

This kind of public meltdown does no one any favours. Mahonio, you aren't putting things across that well right now because you appear so emotional about it. It's time to step back a bit. You're entitled to your views and to challenge others, but not like this.

Mahonio, I honestly don't think anyone is getting at you personally but your extreme reaction on this thread to what was another disappointing result but a more encouraging performance is wholly disproportionate and I'm not surprised that it has provoked reaction.

We don't want to lose any posters and your contributions are as worthy as anyone's but why don't you take a break for a day or two until you calm down a bit, for your own goo as much as anything and then come back. Rest assured if we feel that you are being treated in breach of site rules the Mods will deal with it.

Sorry for posting on Mahonio's "Why does everybody hate me?" thread. 

Is it all right to talk about the Motherwell game on here?

I watched it on catch up in the wee small hours, without knowing the score.  Nearly switched off after 5 mins after seeing Draper's horror show for first goal. No quibble with the penalty but plenty with Draper for fiddling around in the six yard box when he had plenty time to hoof a clearance up the park.  But of course, that is not allowed in our new system......

Warren's og was a shocker too. When in no immediate trouble, he suddenly produces a diving header to bullet the ball from about a foot off the ground into the top of our net. Maybe he'd forgotten which way we were shooting!  Apart from that he had a good game.  We had quite a lot of possession first half, but mostly the tippy tappy sideways and backwards stuff in our own half.

Second half was a bit better, still with a lot of possession, but a bit more purposeful.  Shinnie was magnificent, even if I thought his goal should have been saved.  It was not the strongest of shots with his right foot. However, richly deserved all the same.

We played a bit more direct towards the end, and looked stronger for it.  Mckay did really well to get his shot in at the death, and was really unlucky for it to have hit the post.

A draw would have been fairer, and had this game been nearer the start of Hughes' reign, I dare say folks would have been more tolerant of his system and tactics than they are now, coming as it does after a string of poor results.

But, hey ho, onwards and upwards, the cricket season is upon us!

• Agree 1

Although I would agree that mahonio maybe doesn't say things the way that others might like I would like to say in his defence that it sounds as if he is really passionate about Ict and after another defeat (2 wins in 14 under Hughes) he is obviously really upset and it is really easy to say the wrong things . Hopefully he can come back a bit calmer because I enjoy reading the posts from everyone both positive and negative re the wins under Hughes has anyone other than hibs had less wins in the same period

• Agree 1

Sums up my 'Hughes is Clueless' post Jagster...............I just really can't be ersed making a full blown case, it's all being said elsewhere but will it make any difference before we're dragged deep into the mire next season.

Edited by Donview
  • Agree 1

Although I would agree that mahonio maybe doesn't say things the way that others might like I would like to say in his defence that it sounds as if he is really passionate about Ict and after another defeat (2 wins in 14 under Hughes) he is obviously really upset and it is really easy to say the wrong things . Hopefully he can come back a bit calmer because I enjoy reading the posts from everyone both positive and negative re the wins under Hughes has anyone other than hibs had less wins in the same period

Our run of 2 wins in 14 games runs from 1st March to 7 May, inclusive.

You're correct in presuming only Hibs have won fewer games in that period. Partick Thistle, Ross County and Kilmarnock have 3 wins each in that time-frame.

• Agree 1

I was at the  Motherwell vs ICT match which match were you at 

If you don't play a higher defence ya will always be at risk. I am going to watch the highlights again tomorrow but we had so many chances where the final pass or cross was lacking and where we simply did not have the rub of the green. Where did I say neat and incisive - it was blood and guts.

Yeah but every time we have a chance against us of late it seems to come from a long ball over the top. Much like watching Bayern v Real. Only more amateur and comedic.

For those who can face it, don't forget the game's on Alba in a few minutes.

Just seen the 2nd half on Alba the now (can't believe I went and missed MOTD for it, ugh!) and if people are worried about tippy tappy football then thankfully Hughes seemed to abandon it. Don't think I saw more than 2 passes in succession. The standard was deplorable. Chronic to watch. Utter dire nonsense.

I know football in Scotland has been getting steadily worse but that ranked on amateur. So many aimless stray balls.

I see some comments above about sustained pressure but if that's the best we've offered for a while then I'm really worried at it was terrible fare. The recent County game was ok. But that. I'm just glad there's only 1 game left and I can focus that weekend on the last weekend of the Premiership even though tonight has effectively finished it off barring a West Ham surprise.

So glad it's a word cup year. Can erase that from my mind watching Brazil and Germany (Not Spain, it'll bring back bad flash backs).

Those of us at the game saw the team put up a tremendous fight in the second half! Did everything bar score again as the Beeb reports says on website. Thought we'd snatched a well deserved draw at the end when Billy's shot rolled back of the post.

Of course English football is off a higher standard! Think of the money in the game there! Totally unrealistic comparison!

I'm not saying the team didn't put up a fight, they did and very nearly got back into it. But some of the comments regarding good 2nd half football are laughable. It was forceful, with intention and more direct with fight. If the team fights 100% for the shirt I can't complain.

And yes I know a team of free transfers can't compete on a quality level with the Premier League. The differences are massive. I'm more disgusted by the level to which good Scottish football levels have fallen. When I was in Australia I didn't catch many live games but when I did they were of a decent standard and I could happily scoff at claims by Bosnich that the A-league with it's SPL rejects and top goal scorers like Heskey was better. To me it was a slower paced SPL and if anything the passing was worse. I don't think I saw a game where more than 2 passes were put together in succession ever.

However I would be embarrassed to showcase that game over there as the average standard of top flight football in Scotland now. Sinful.

Read back pretty much any of my posts on any thread. They are usually detailed and more often than not positive. It's not a Mahonio level everything and everyone is wrong and everybody hates me, pass the worms rant.

Edited by iamthecaptain1

Im buying The Winchester, looking to hire a hot bar maid and bounder...applicants welcome 

Can I be the bounder?

*bouncer, cue my terrible spelling...feel free to join. :smile:

From an Inverness perspective the game really summed up what's been frustrating for me this season.  The first half I didn't think we played well at all, we sat far too deep and while we maintained possession we were unable to make any inroads into Motherwell.  The penalty was the right decision, having seen it now on TV.  Draper shouldn't have tried to see the ball out and ended up making a stupid tackle.  The second goal was unfortunate for Warren but came from a corner after Motherwell attacked us in wide areas.  There were a couple of occasions in the first half when we managed to get into decent positions but we never really got players in the box to support Mckay and a header from Keith Lasley was the closest we came. 

The second half was markedly different - it seemed as though Motherwell decided to sit back a bit, which happens naturally when you are defending a comfortable lead and that allowed us to take the initiative in the game.  The primary reason for this was Graeme Shinnie, who was playing in midfield.  He really drove our team forward, was always looking for the ball and, most importantly, was always positive, whether making attacking runs or using the ball.  Shinnie really is a hell of a player and I'm beginning to think that we should play him in midfield all the time - Tremarco is good cover at full back and having Shinnie in the midfield makes our play so much more positive. 

Shinnie's goal was a little fortunate, he drove forward and his shot was deflected in.  Following that though we put pressure on Well and managed to create a few chances - Mckay hit a shot wide, Tansey had several set pieces that tested the goalkeeper and Warren nearly put away a couple of headers.  The main reason for our improvement was the fact that we pushed forward and played positively - if you are in the opposition half then every set piece is a chance and we can get goals from those, even when we aren't playing well.  Right at the end Mckay's chance hit the inside of the post and rolled along the line, agonising stuff and I think we deserved a point for our second half efforts.

Our best players were Shinnie and then I'd say Tansey and Tremarco had good games.  We had a sparse support down but it was good to be at a game again, finally.  The Motherwell pitch invasion was **** though laugh.png  Their section of fans in the 'Keep Cigarettes Away From The Match Stand' were in good voice, no Erasure songs though.

• Agree 2