Phillip Roberts

Big G

One of his few good appearances for us was actually at Dens, he really looked the part and a Dee mate of mine was asking me who he was.

I'm a bit surprised he's got another chance in the top flight, especially after Falkirk punted him after he got a 6 match ban, but we've got to remember that he's only just turned 20.

I see Dundee have signed Phillip Roberts. Don't put him on penalties.

Got to say, I'm surprised as I assumed he'd be looking for a club back in England, near London. I often got the impression from his 'tweets' that he was maybe a bit unsettled and homesick. However, the lure of getting back to a 'top flight' club has likely been a factor. Hartley obviously likes the look of him.

I still think it unfair to be overly critical of him for the penalty miss. I think he was the wrong player to be taking that kick at that time! Tansey did the same (in a more important match) but doesn't get any flack!

He'll probably score against us in a shoot-out next season!

I thought we released him prematurely. The similarities to Vigurs are quite strong. Both players of great ability, but immature and temperamental.

Top managers snap up these rough gems and work on their mental issues.

Get the impression Butcher lacks patience and enjoys firing people.

Hope he's recovered from his broken foot! That 'clip' is actually really funny - makes Neil Lennon's kick at the water-bottles seem pedestrian in comparison!

That meltdown was Phillip Roberts' last action for Falkirk - he got released after that and handed a 6 match ban - which I assume he's now served.

Don't know where people have got this idea that he has great ability.  He only had about two or three good games for us and most of the rest of the time looked like he couldn't care less.  His "performance" when he came on in December 2012 away at Perth was unforgivable.  I've never seen a player so lazy in my life.

Seemingly Falkirk fans were have said much the same.  Two or three good games then can't be bothered anymore.  Also, he seems a total brat of a person, which is also not a redeeming quality.

• Agree 1

Two or three good games then can't be bothered anymore.  Also, he seems a total brat of a person, which is also not a redeeming quality.

I got that impression too.

He needs to realise that being a (former) Arsenal youth product does not instantly make you Thierry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp. Plenty of youngsters do make it through the Academy, but they need to work hard. He just seems to display a sense of entitlement and look down his nose at players from so-called 'lesser' clubs like it is beneath him.

If he didnt already get an 'education' in Falkirk, then I am sure he will get one in Dundee :lol: