Good luck to clach

ictbob

It would certainly be a noteworthy victory if they can overcome Buckie in the final - after initially losing 3-0 to Brora in the preliminary round before being re-instated!

Indeed, the whole competition was in jeopardy at one point with Brora threating court action and injunctions to prevent Clach from playing in the next round.

They backed down eventually. But Clach have taken advantage of their reprieve and won through a further 3 rounds to reach the final.

Brora had been winning against Clach, 3-0, going into stoppage time when Brora made a substitution and threw on a 17-year-old who reportedly didn't get anywhere near the ball in his 30 seconds or so on the pitch.

Days later, it was discovered that the lad hadn't been registered! Certainly had no influence on the score but rules are rules!

I didnt know Clach were in a cup final. which one is it....League Cup Final? best of Luck to them. If they could pull off a win, it would be quite a year for Inverness sporting teams, what with the acheivments of ICT, Inverness City and Highland Rugby Club

I didnt know Clach were in a cup final. which one is it....League Cup Final? best of Luck to them. If they could pull off a win, it would be quite a year for Inverness sporting teams, what with the acheivments of ICT, Inverness City and Highland Rugby Club

Yeah, the Highland League Cup Final. It seems to be the only 'all-in' cup in the Highland League nowadays as the North Qualifying cup is no longer contended due to all the clubs entering the Scottish Cup automatically - and it is now all, as I understand Strathspey Thistle have got their 'licence' to compete!

Clach last won the Cup in 2004 - the year they also won the league.