20 years ago

ForzaCaley

That day at Huntly was the saddest day I've ever had at football. :sad:

Remember it well. Was really bittersweet. Remember being the last to get on team bus at Huntley because I knew that when I did it was over.

There's a clip on YouTube of the last derby at Telford Street. I on in briefly selling raffles at the front gate.

Just noticed a very young looking buckett celebrating the Caley goal in that clip!

I remember that game well - I was flying out to work in the Middle East the next day and was quite looking forward to a midweek derby before going away. Turned out to be a right disappointment of a game and a quite unsatisfactory win. A win nevertheless and a pleasant surprise to see my old mate Billy Urquhart being wheeled out of retirement to score the only goal.

Saddest day in my football supporting life. i was a huge Caley fan. TBH........a large part of my love for the game died that day.....and have never felt the same passion for a team nor the game since. I still like my footie, but..................its just not the same these days

• Agree 1

There was an overwhelming stench in the air twenty years ago and although that stench has been somewhat diluted there is still a lingering pong that hasn't disappeared completely

Another twenty years at least needs to pass before that air starts clearing

Dougal

There was an overwhelming stench in the air twenty years ago and although that stench has been somewhat diluted there is still a lingering pong that hasn't disappeared completely

Dougal

I'm sure if you keep ramping up the personal hygiene regime then another 15 years should fix it.

• Agree 3

Dougal

That's only a problem for those who's nose is too near their arse!  :tongueincheek:

• Agree 1

Always look on the bright side of life. A loved institution died and a mongrel was created. But you just can't help getting to love Rescue Dogs and the camaraderie of pet owners around the Globe and a potential of having a hooer of a party after winning Crufts one day can drive many believers forward.