New Sponsor

Big G

@gordieict To do with a couple of their stores choosing to stock only halal products, I live in an area with one of the highest Muslim populations in the UK and the local one to here is not one of those affected and yet there were still some BNP morons waving placards outside it last week. Happily the place was queued out the door so I didn't get the impression that any boycott was being particularly effective.

Edited by phileephilop
  • Agree 1

Great news, is there not a boycott subway thing doing its rounds on social media at the moment though, not sure what it's all about as never actually read it?

Some people object to them converting 185 branches to have a halal menu (ie no ham or bacon, and only serving meat from animals killed by having their throats cut by a muslim).

• Agree 1

Great news, is there not a boycott subway thing doing its rounds on social media at the moment though, not sure what it's all about as never actually read it?

There are two ... In the UK there is a move to boycott them due to their (unadvertised) use of Halal meat and the slaughter methods used, plus their ban on pork products in those areas where their customers are predominantly Muslim. In the US there is a move to boycott them due to low wages paid to employees in the fast food industry in general.  

• Agree 1

Wonder how the sponsor will affect the shirts? Will the sponsor be full colour on the home shirts, or will it be a white clear kind of thing? I'm not sure a yellow and green sponsor would go well with a red and blue shirt!

And what about the away shirt? A yellow and green sponsor on a black and red shirt will just look bizarre!

Totally agree Rene.

Have no problems with Subway as shirt sponsor as they are a well known company. But pleeease i dont want our colours and identity spoiled by green and yellow splashes across the shirt!

Atleast Wonga were decent enough to change their logo to Maroon for Hearts and Standard Chattered to Yellow for Liverpool

Brilliant to get such a massive company on board but lettuce eat is still better :happy:

Off topic(ish)

andy-carroll-subway-joke-soccer-sports-1

Yeah....if you like a bit of chicken etc in your mayonaise sandwich

Yeah....if you like a bit of chicken etc in your mayonaise sandwich

I always get the prawn Marie-rose so I wouldn't know plus the last time I checked subway only did crab meat :yuk:

Edited by Ayeseetee

:amazed:

Hopefully that's just a sticker stuck on and the real thing will look a lot better.

Hopefully....

I just deleted my comment when I realized it may not be real... but do they really have to put the slogan on the shirt?

-.-

Rhetorical question

Edited by Ayeseetee

Here's something to ponder. Subway is a franchise so is it Subway that is the sponsor or is it the owner of the three Inverness, one Nairn and one Elgin franchises who is the sponsor but using the Subway logo.

Id like to think it is the National Chain. If it was the frachise, thats the sort of sponsor i would expect at Highland League level

Here's something to ponder. Subway is a franchise so is it Subway that is the sponsor or is it the owner of the three Inverness, one Nairn and one Elgin franchises who is the sponsor but using the Subway logo.

I would Imagine all the higher ups of subway have the final say 6 figures is alot of advertising for 5 stores!

As mentioned above it's to do with some Subway shops catering to Halal specs. So removing pork and stocking animals who have been prepared in the halal manner.

There is a lot of poor information about this. To prepare an animal via the halal method in the UK the animal is normally shock stunned and has it's throat cut. This is the same method for normal abattoir animal slaughter. The only difference being is the animal must be blessed in accordance with Halal by a Muslim...Jew or Christian.

I can't see what the fuss is really.

As for Subway as our sponsor... Bit gutted. I wanted a completely different bread American company....

post-788-0-54007300-1399921158.jpg

As mentioned above it's to do with some Subway shops catering to Halal specs. So removing pork and stocking animals who have been prepared in the halal manner.

There is a lot of poor information about this. To prepare an animal via the halal method in the UK the animal is normally shock stunned and has it's throat cut. This is the same method for normal abattoir animal slaughter. The only difference being is the animal must be blessed in accordance with Halal by a Muslim...Jew or Christian.

I can't see what the fuss is really.

As for Subway as our sponsor... Bit gutted. I wanted a completely different bread American company....

So I am not allowed to order bacon in certain stores because of someone else's religion?

I doubt a pork only subway would go down well in the middle east but a new stadium to stone women to death...sign them up!

I dont really care about the sponsor only the cash they can bring to a club I mean when was the last time you made a purchase based on what someone had written on their shirt?

Hell I still dont even know what the orion group did...

Edited by Ayeseetee
  • Agree 1

Wonder how the sponsor will affect the shirts? Will the sponsor be full colour on the home shirts, or will it be a white clear kind of thing? I'm not sure a yellow and green sponsor would go well with a red and blue shirt!

And what about the away shirt? A yellow and green sponsor on a black and red shirt will just look bizarre!

Totally agree Rene.

Have no problems with Subway as shirt sponsor as they are a well known company. But pleeease i dont want our colours and identity spoiled by green and yellow splashes across the shirt!

Atleast Wonga were decent enough to change their logo to Maroon for Hearts and Standard Chattered to Yellow for Liverpool

I think its safe to say that we will be getting green and yellow. Theres no way we will be allowed to alter the brand in any way. 

I think Subway will want the green and yellow, it's probably what's most recognisable about them.

As far as I see it, Subway as a sponsor shouldn't be affecting our fanbase or image. It's money in the door from a large enough franchise so to have that level onboard shows that something behind the scenes is going well.

What have we to lose over a little Halal fiasco? Nothing I imagine. I hope.

Wonder how the sponsor will affect the shirts? Will the sponsor be full colour on the home shirts, or will it be a white clear kind of thing? I'm not sure a yellow and green sponsor would go well with a red and blue shirt! And what about the away shirt? A yellow and green sponsor on a black and red shirt will just look bizarre!

Totally agree Rene.

Have no problems with Subway as shirt sponsor as they are a well known company. But pleeease i dont want our colours and identity spoiled by green and yellow splashes across the shirt!  Atleast Wonga were decent enough to change their logo to Maroon for Hearts and Standard Chattered to Yellow for Liverpool

I think its safe to say that we will be getting green and yellow. Theres no way we will be allowed to alter the brand in any way. 

Subway logo is designed to 'pop' out with an embossed/extruded look .... or it is over here at least. can see borders/edges of logo being coloured in such a way as to make that happen. neither the club or the sponsor want either one to look crappy.

perhaps something like this (taking one suggested shirt from new shirt thread)

post-2-0-85230500-1399924914.jpg

Wonder how the sponsor will affect the shirts?  Will the sponsor be full colour on the home shirts, or will it be a white clear kind of thing?  I'm not sure a yellow and green sponsor would go well with a red and blue shirt!

And what about the away shirt?  A yellow and green sponsor on a black and red shirt will just look bizarre! 

You seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking our new home shirt is going to be red and/or blue!!!