New Sponsor

Big G

Wonder how the sponsor will affect the shirts? Will the sponsor be full colour on the home shirts, or will it be a white clear kind of thing? I'm not sure a yellow and green sponsor would go well with a red and blue shirt! And what about the away shirt? A yellow and green sponsor on a black and red shirt will just look bizarre!

Totally agree Rene.

Have no problems with Subway as shirt sponsor as they are a well known company. But pleeease i dont want our colours and identity spoiled by green and yellow splashes across the shirt!  Atleast Wonga were decent enough to change their logo to Maroon for Hearts and Standard Chattered to Yellow for Liverpool

I think its safe to say that we will be getting green and yellow. Theres no way we will be allowed to alter the brand in any way. 

Subway logo is designed to 'pop' out with an embossed/extruded look .... or it is over here at least. can see borders/edges of logo being coloured in such a way as to make that happen. neither the club or the sponsor want either one to look crappy.

perhaps something like this (taking one suggested shirt from new shirt thread)

attachicon.gif11c5gcn.jpg

Doesn't actually look too bad to be fair.

Personally I pay very little attention to sponsors logos on shirts other than to register how they invariably ruin the look. The only one I've ever really liked was Lifescan's "One touch" logo because the brand name of their product reflected the style of football I would like to see. 

I've always thought Subway to be a particularly unappealing brand and the appearance of their premises certainly don't persuade me to darken their doors.  Mind you, unappealing premises, but good honest unpretentious fare on offer suggests there might be a natural partnership here.  Good on Subway for coming up with the money - I just might give them a try to say "thanks".

Just the brand name looks fine, but the slogan would a bit naff IMO.

I was thinking the same, not too keen on the 'Eat Fresh' bit if indeed it'll be on the final product.

Great news, is there not a boycott subway thing doing its rounds on social media at the moment though, not sure what it's all about as never actually read it?

As mentioned above it's to do with some Subway shops catering to Halal specs. So removing pork and stocking animals who have been prepared in the halal manner.

There is a lot of poor information about this. To prepare an animal via the halal method in the UK the animal is normally shock stunned and has it's throat cut. This is the same method for normal abattoir animal slaughter. The only difference being is the animal must be blessed in accordance with Halal by a Muslim...Jew or Christian.

I can't see what the fuss is really.

As for Subway as our sponsor... Bit gutted. I wanted a completely different bread American company....

bimbobread.jpg

Halal meat means the animal is NOT stunned I understand, rather just slitting it's throat mechanically in a factory. This is against British laws and because it's to do with religion they get away with it. It's a lot of nonsense really.

The eat fresh part of the logo is almost certainly going to be on the top, I've seen a few tops over the months with subway on them and they all seem to have them. I actually think it looks alright and I'm happy with such a well known brand committing to us.

In the words of ol' Lionel....'Halal is it meat you are looking for'....

Subway-Sandwiches.png

Djebe Zadi never said that!

The mock up that Scotty did looks alright, the logo would be smaller I'd imagine.  I don't think the colours of the brand makes a huge difference to be honest.  The sponsor logo will just stand out, that's ok with me and I'm sure that will suit Subway too.

Edited by KingBeastie

Here's something to ponder. Subway is a franchise so is it Subway that is the sponsor or is it the owner of the three Inverness, one Nairn and one Elgin franchises who is the sponsor but using the Subway logo.

Each franchise outlet has to pay a percentage of its sales revenue into a central advertising fund, which then uses the money for both national and regional advertising.

Here's something to ponder. Subway is a franchise so is it Subway that is the sponsor or is it the owner of the three Inverness, one Nairn and one Elgin franchises who is the sponsor but using the Subway logo.

I would Imagine all the higher ups of subway have the final say 6 figures is alot of advertising for 5 stores!

With many franchises you're allowed to use the name provided you dont use it to the detriment of the parent company. So probably dont need a final say from higher ups. 6 figure sum (£100,000) is not actually a lot if said 5 stores are doing good business.

The only things that come to my mind when hearing subway is buskers, muggings, pools of urine and vomit and graffiti.

You could have just said "home"

Sounds like his hotel room on an away game overnighter!

• Agree 1

I would Imagine all the higher ups of subway have the final say 6 figures is alot of advertising for 5 stores!

With many franchises you're allowed to use the name provided you dont use it to the detriment of the parent company. So probably dont need a final say from higher ups. 6 figure sum (£100,000) is not actually a lot if said 5 stores are doing good business.

I don't know the full details, but trust me when I say that Subway scrutinised ICTFC every bit as much as we did them before the deal (which had to be sanctioned by Subway head office in the US) was signed off.

Whilst the primary exposure for them as a brand will be in Scotland (and it is that "budget" from which the sponsorship has come), they also recognise that our games...and thus their brand...will also appear globally. Something I think we forget/play down ourselves at times.

Subway has been involved with the club for a while through one of the main community initiatives, but this takes it to a whole new level and I'm personally quite excited about the opportunity to be working with the brand to improve and build upon things like the matchday experience, promotions, cross-marketing etc.  I see it as being far more than money in the pot....the real value will be recognised from having a sponsor you can work with to deliver all the aforementioned and stuff we've probably not even thought about yet.

Here's a wee video that Auldy did with Liam....just in case you think I'm blowing smoke up yer ass!!!

• Agree 1

Whilst the primary exposure for them as a brand will be in Scotland (and it is that "budget" from which the sponsorship has come), they also recognise that our games...and thus their brand...will also appear globally. Something I think we forget/play down ourselves at times.

I hope it does become global ... for now, a few scraps from Open All Mics, and maybe 1 game per year (if you are lucky) on ESPN usually from Parkhead, is about your lot. Trust me, we are not downplaying it ... I can watch multiple English Premiership football games every week from about 7am my time until the late game on a Saturday and then repeated for sunday games but Scottish Football in North America? nope. its on once in a while, as a filler, and only on "Sportsnet World" a premium subscription channel ......   

Subway has been involved with the club for a while through one of the main community initiatives, but this takes it to a whole new level and I'm personally quite excited about the opportunity to be working with the brand to improve and build upon things like the matchday experience, promotions, cross-marketing etc.  I see it as being far more than money in the pot....the real value will be recognised from having a sponsor you can work with to deliver all the aforementioned and stuff we've probably not even thought about yet.

Subway have a proven history and track record of working with communities and at grass roots levels of several sports over here. On the face of it, it seems like it will be a good fit for ICT

Great news, is there not a boycott subway thing doing its rounds on social media at the moment though, not sure what it's all about as never actually read it?

As mentioned above it's to do with some Subway shops catering to Halal specs. So removing pork and stocking animals who have been prepared in the halal manner.

There is a lot of poor information about this. To prepare an animal via the halal method in the UK the animal is normally shock stunned and has it's throat cut. This is the same method for normal abattoir animal slaughter. The only difference being is the animal must be blessed in accordance with Halal by a Muslim...Jew or Christian.

I can't see what the fuss is really.

As for Subway as our sponsor... Bit gutted. I wanted a completely different bread American company....

bimbobread.jpg

Halal meat means the animal is NOT stunned I understand, rather just slitting it's throat mechanically in a factory. This is against British laws and because it's to do with religion they get away with it. It's a lot of nonsense really.

The eat fresh part of the logo is almost certainly going to be on the top, I've seen a few tops over the months with subway on them and they all seem to have them. I actually think it looks alright and I'm happy with such a well known brand committing to us.

It is sometimes. As the animal isn't dead it still falls in halal.

And having seen an animal slaughtered on that You are what you eat show, they never once did it mechanically.

Here's some facts and figures on UK halal meat -

Stunning cannot be used to kill an animal, according to the Halal Food Authority (HFA), a non-profit organisation that monitors adherence to halal principles. But it can be used if the animal survives and is then killed by halal methods, the HFA adds.

UK Food Standards Agency figures from 2011 suggest 84% of cattle, 81% of sheep and 88% of chickens slaughtered for halal meat were stunned before they died.

Tesco says the only difference between the halal meat it sells and other meat is that it was blessed as it was killed.

Source - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27324224

Saying a prayer to an animal before it gets slaughter!  Who comes up with these ideas?!

It would probably be more accurate to ask..."Why have we forgotten these ideals".

I'm not religious by any stretch of the imagination, but all ancient civilisations had some form of ritual/blessing surrounding the slaughter of meat for consumption...be that farmed or hunted.