New Sponsor

Big G

Dont really want to drag this any further off topic, and certainly not going to get in the middle of a religious discussion, but it is not saying prayers to a soon to be dead animal. For both Jews (Kosher) and Muslims (Halal) it is blessing the meat in accordance with their faith and passages of the bible or Quran that have significance to them.

see here for a basic description: http://meat.tamu.edu/ansc-307-honors/kosher-halal/

I've prayed to God for a bacon sandwich in the morning after a heavy night on a few occasions.

I find plenty of pasta for dinner the night before is good for reducing the effect of a hangover.

I would normally need a bit more than a bacon roll.  'ear-ly in the mor-ing'

I've prayed to God for a bacon sandwich in the morning after a heavy night on a few occasions.

I find plenty of pasta for dinner the night before is good for reducing the effect of a hangover.

I would normally need a bit more than a bacon roll.  'ear-ly in the mor-ing'

I'm not that organised unfortunately.

Very happy with the new sponsor and it's credit to the club that they have attracted a multi national company to be shirt sponsor

Surely they will have a subway stall situated within the ground at home games that would certainly add to the matchday experience

It would certainly be an improvement on greasy pies and sausage rolls that don't do wonders for the cholesterol levels

Dougal

• Agree 2

Very happy with the new sponsor and it's credit to the club that they have attracted a multi national company to be shirt sponsor

Surely they will have a subway stall situated within the ground at home games that would certainly add to the matchday experience

It would certainly be an improvement on greasy pies and sausage rolls that don't do wonders for the cholesterol levels

Dougal

Sakes, I actually find myself agreeing with you 100 %.

mefnirV.gif

• Agree 2

Did my old (and slightly alcohol tainted) eyes not deceive me and there was some free Subway vouchers to be had for season ticket holders?

Yeah, as indicated in the tweet on the above link...if your season ticket arrived in the post (or you already collected it) and didn't get your vouchers then you can collect them from the Ticket Office next time you're down at the stadium.

• 1 month later...

post-3020-0-49942400-1404476857.jpgpost-3020-0-96163500-1404476899.jpg

This is Sub Man. Our 'other' mascot. What a state he's in! 'Dragged through a hedge backwards' as they say. But better than an upright baguette covered in sauce, wandering about the ground with his 2 big meatballs hanging down... :lol:

Eat Fresh!!!!! :amazed:

• Agree 1

I don't have a problem with having the name of a company on the kit, but having that big sandwich mascot walking around pitchside at every game would be an embarrassment IMO.

• Agree 4

I'm not sure if it encapsulates Subway's brand values in the way they had in mind at the design stage!

Anyway, it's not quite the worst mascot ever.

attachicon.gifmascot.jpg

I hate to think what you put into Google to get that image Yngwie...hope it wasn't a work computer!

• Agree 1

These alternatives look slightly less unappetising. There's a whole website dedicated to Subway mascot outfits. (That's not where I found the image of Mr Scrotum, for the avoidance of any doubt).

post-50-0-91818900-1404481178_thumb.png

I don't have a problem with having the name of a company on the kit, but having that big sandwich mascot walking around pitchside at every game would be an embarrassment IMO.

Yes because a green monster and an oversized cat are so dignified. Why would a mascot embarrass fans. Most if not all club mascots are pointless and the Subway mascot is for a company not the club.

Nessie the Monster is at least identifiable to the local area.  ICat was rubbish by the way.

Why do we need to have a sponsors mascot anyway?  Why didn't we have a dancing oil rig for Orion?  Or a big plane for Flybe?  Or how about a big dancing videotape player for when we had Sharp?  A sandwich is cringeworthy IMO.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 3

Nessie the Monster is at least identifiable to the local area. ICat was rubbish by the way.

Why do we need to have a sponsors mascot anyway? Why didn't we have a dancing oil rig for Orion? Or a big plane for Flybe? Or how about a big dancing videotape player for when we had Sharp? A sandwich is cringeworthy IMO.

At any point has anyone said Subway mascot would be at the stadium on match days? It seems to me it's being used in the media marketing of the clubs new sponsor.

It's about time people stopped looking for any little thing to show outrage about and concert all their efforts in getting behind the club.

( Notice I say club, but still think Hughes is the wrong man).

Edited by Big G
  • Agree 1