Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Having just read that Hearts have got rid of Jamie Hamill, Ryan Stevenson and Jamie McDonald, does anyone think any of these three would be a good addition to the squad? I think Stevenson would be good. I would defiantly go for McDonald if we didn't already have Brill.

Guest Mahonio

We don't need to do much business but a Striker is a must, Lee Miller been released as has Ben Hutchinson.

Maybe could do with a couple of Defenders too due to goals against column, may need a few more depending on who gets released.

I would look to lower leagues in England for these signings, hence why I mentioned these 2 players, I keep updated on who has been released in England, through Sky Sports News and teletext.

Guest Mahonio

Yep, just press red button on sky remote and text comes up.

I am on it everyday to keep updated on Football and Tennis news :-), French Open in 2 weeks so I won't be stuck during pre season, I know IHE likes his Tennis lol.

We don't need any new keepers.

We don't need any new defenders.

We don't need any new midfielders.

We need one, maybe two more strikers, preferably one being a taller one.  We could maybe do with one player with electric pace (Greenhalgh?).  That's about it.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

They're all terrific players.  Not sure how they'ds fit in though.  I'd actually see about McDonald.  Yes, Brill has been a decent keeper but Jamie would be a step up.  Wouldn't say no to one of the other two but, as I say, where do they fit?

Actually, thinking about it, we have to sign Hamill.  Just imagine li'l Derek Adams face.  Ooh, glorious!

• Agree 1

I'd happily take a look at Andy Little. Good player. Hampered by injury this term but can play up top and down the whole right side. Versatile.

David Clarkson has been released. Looked decent back in the day. No idea how he's been these last few years really. Not hugely prolific.

Lee Miller is another who I have no clue about.

What we deffo need is competition and help for McKay. So 1 striker.

I think Jamie McDonald is better than Brill but not sure if we need to replace Brill. I wouldn't be too bothered for Hamill or Stevenson. Both decent but no better than players who can't even start for us (ie Ross) and they'd probably command good wages.

Another defender perhaps?

Jamie MacDonald would be a superb signing. We'd be going some to get him though. I took in Dunfermline v Stranraer at the weekend and was highly impressed with the Pars number 10 Josh Falkingham. He's a talented version of Ian Black and is apparently out of contract in the summer http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/league-1/pars-set-to-lose-skipper-josh-falkingham-1.193229

Edit to say Falkingham has signed an extension to stay at East End Park http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/falkingham-extends-dunfermline-contract.23500102

Edited by TopSix

Considering Rob Shields is still working for us expect some more English lower league signings you've probably never heard of

Edited by BA
  • Agree 2

What about Carlo Nash,he's leaving Norwich at the end of the season and be would be great to have on the bench

We don't need another goalkeeper IMO.

Well Esson should now focus more on coaching and he's still not the same goalie he use to be so we should be looking for an older one but still got playing time left in him.