Summer transfer targets

Doofer

There is no way we could even get close to Premiership/Championship wages so Nash IMO is a complete non-starter

As for the Goodwin rumour, I just shuddered, and not in a good way!

We have Tansey, Foran, Williams, Devine, Polworth, Vincent, Shinnie who have all played in CM this season, cant see why we would need to add any more

What about Carlo Nash,he's leaving Norwich at the end of the season and be would be great to have on the bench

We don't need another goalkeeper IMO.

Well Esson should now focus more on coaching and he's still not the same goalie he use to be so we should be looking for an older one but still got playing time left in him.

Esson done alright in the game vs Motherwell and he can still focus on coaching while being the No.2 goalkeeper. Nash would be an expensive pointless signing.

• Agree 2

David Clarkson would be a good signing. Had a couple of injury problems recently but played well for Bristol Rovers in the run in. Would definitely at least give him a season.

Stevensons a smelly creeper buts hes a brilliant player. Would have him in a second.

Striker is top of the list. A quick winger of sorts wouldnt go a miss either. Someone like Lionel Ainsworth. Though id imagine he will have a massive list of suitors.

Edited by AJS

I seem to recollect Butcher looking at signing Clarkson a couple of years ago, but found that his wage demands were way too much.  Might have changed now though.  At least one striker is definitely needed, no question about it.  

Ainsworth would be a good signing and I'm sure Hughes looked at him a while back but he wanted to stay at Motherwell.  Wonder if he's more likely to go down south?  Agree though that a fast winger would be good, which leads to the question of Greenhalgh:  seems to have done quite well Stenhousemuir (playing up-front apparently) and I was impressed at times when I saw him this season.  Could he fill that void?

Edited by Renegade

I know Richard Britain is out of contract at end of the season so i wonder where he will end up

Is it not end of next season?

Don't think so cause STV say they only have 5 players for next season or something and Britain ain't one of them 

Edited by caleydawson

Guest Mahonio

I have a feeling we could see a few loan signings.

I wouldn't mind seeing Fillip Twardzik on loan.

Well we defo need a striker or two, maybe three if Billy leaves. We also need cover at right back. Apart from that we are pretty much sorted.

I would have said a winger also but forgot about Williams. I do rate the boy and i reckon he could come good with more game time

• Agree 1

Agree with most posts, its strikers we need. I have faith in Hughes, afterall he found Stokes when he was at Falkirk. I'd look at players that have something to prove as ICT always have. Tony Watt seems out favour at Celtic and is a bit of a problem character but could be worth a punt on loan, Andy Shinnie is one we know and has failed to make it down south, I posted in Jan we should have tried to take him on load and stand by that. What about Rory MacAllister, scores in the lower league for fun, he wasnt hugely successful earlier in his career but now he is a more mature and confident player so might be worth another shot in the higher leagues?

Agree with most posts, its strikers we need. I have faith in Hughes, afterall he found Stokes when he was at Falkirk. I'd look at players that have something to prove as ICT always have. Tony Watt seems out favour at Celtic and is a bit of a problem character but could be worth a punt on loan, Andy Shinnie is one we know and has failed to make it down south, I posted in Jan we should have tried to take him on load and stand by that. What about Rory MacAllister, scores in the lower league for fun, he wasnt hugely successful earlier in his career but now he is a more mature and confident player so might be worth another shot in the higher leagues?

I read somewhere that he is possibly away to Standard Liege or another Belgium team. I wouldn't mind him up here but would Celtic let us have him on loan would be the question.

Edited by ICTRoughi

What about Rory Loy from Falkirk if they don't get promoted? Scored 20 goals this season for them and I am sure Falkirk wouldn't be difficult to deal with.

I did notice him at Fir Park with Andy Shinnie last week.

I did notice him at Fir Park with Andy Shinnie last week.

His season is over so he was able to go watch his bother, i doubt there is anything in it. He still seems to be in plans at Birmingham

If you read the whole post I was talking about Rory Loy.

Loy is on a two year deal so we would be required to fork out some cash for him. Therefore it is unlikely we will be able to sign him.

Might be worth an enquiry if they don't get promoted, depends on how much they value him.