Summer transfer targets

Doofer

When will County stand on their own 2 feet -how many ex ICTFC players have they signed  over the years  ?

Says something though when we do not want them and they do !

Forever in our shadows indeed!!!

• Agree 1

When will County stand on their own 2 feet -how many ex ICTFC players have they signed over the years ?

Because we signed Wilson. Rankin, Cowie, Hislop, Barrowman etc. from who?

When will County stand on their own 2 feet -how many ex ICTFC players have they signed  over the years  ?

What a lot of drivel! Reguero was a good keeper for us and effectively ousted Esson from the No 1 jersey. He left of his own accord. We certainly didn't want rid of him!

I agree that County have had a number of ex-ICT players through the years, but it works both ways. There are loads of guys who've played for both clubs and we've taken a fair few from them ourselves! We maybe more 'guilty' than them - not going to check, but off the top of my head, we've had ex-County players that include:

Barry Wilson, Nicky Walker, Lionel Djebi-Zadi, Roy McBain, Richard Hastings, Steven Hislop, Gary McSwegan, Don Cowie, Andy Barrowman, John Rankin, Richie Hart, Stuart Golabek...

• Agree 2

If given the opportunity to re sign Reguero, I wouldn't have taken it IMO. I will always be thankful for his efforts in the season he was on our books but there's something unappealing about signing someone who hasn't played first team football for over a period of a whole year.

In all honesty I am perfectly happy with having Dean Brill as No1 goalkeeper and I would have Cammy MacKay as No2 allowing Ryan Esson to focus on his coaching and play as an emergency keeper if needed.

We desperately need a centre forward and then we are set for the new season to be honest.

• Agree 3

It looks like we won't be making any new signings.

I think the reason for it is we usually have made a few signings by now as we have had to rebuild after losing some key players and letting some fringe players go. But in the last few seasons we haven't had to do major rebuilds and i think because we only need one or two extras we are not in the news with signing anyone while teams like county have been getting a few in but i know which situation i would rather be in. We need a striker to help take off some of the burden to Billy and maybe give him some competition to keep him hungry and maybe one more but that's it so im not worried on the signings front. 

What about Jordan Slew?  I see he's in talks with County again and ripped us apart on New Years Day.

Also, what's the situation with Melvin De Leeuw?  He's be great in behind Mckay IMO, don't know if he'd be too expensive though.

What about Jordan Slew?  I see he's in talks with County again and ripped us apart on New Years Day.

Also, what's the situation with Melvin De Leeuw?  He's be great in behind Mckay IMO, don't know if he'd be too expensive though.

And people thought i was bad..... 

Slew got 1 goal from 20 appearances.

Having said that, this makes him one of County's most prolific strikers in recent years.

Similar statistics from when we signed Gary McSwegan! 

Was it Slew that turned out to be rubbish?  Maybe it was Arquin I was thinking of!

Was it Slew that turned out to be rubbish?  Maybe it was Arquin I was thinking of!

Nah, both. De Leeuw seemed ok though so 1 out of 6 or 7 is pretty good going for Decked Deek.

Arquin got 4 goals in 16 games but also went AWOL after an international break

No thanks to Slew or Arquin

De Leeuw would probably be one of the only players from over the bridge I would say would improve our squad