Summer transfer targets

Doofer

We have a trialist striker training with us at the moment, no idea on the identity but looks like featuring at Clach tomorrow night

JOHN Hughes is stepping up his search for a new striker with a trialist set to turn out in Caley Thistle’s attack as they begin their pre-season friendly campaign tomorrow night.

Inverness boss Hughes was remaining tight-lipped as to the identity of the mystery forward, but conceded that he had shown up well since the players returned to training last week.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Hughes-set-to-look-at-trialist-striker-against-Clach-30062014.htm

• Agree 1

We have a trialist striker training with us at the moment, no idea on the identity but looks like featuring at Clach tomorrow night

JOHN Hughes is stepping up his search for a new striker with a trialist set to turn out in Caley Thistle’s attack as they begin their pre-season friendly campaign tomorrow night.

Inverness boss Hughes was remaining tight-lipped as to the identity of the mystery forward, but conceded that he had shown up well since the players returned to training last week.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Hughes-set-to-look-at-trialist-striker-against-Clach-30062014.htm

"He’s finding it hard work just now. Technically, he’s not too bad, but it’s been hard work, although he’s really enjoying it."

Definitely a guid, honest laddie by the sounds of things. Graham Bayne re-signing?

"He’s finding it hard work just now. Technically, he’s not too bad, but it’s been hard work, although he’s really enjoying it."

Translation - he's totally unfit!

I just had a horrible thought that it might have been Calvin Zola... but thankfully he's signed for Stevenage. Unforunately, Rory Fallon is still without a club...  :ohmy:

The article is certainly uplifting after the last few suggested we may not get anyone in. He does also mention that he may look to some loans and that in his words has an iron in the fire would mean there maybe someone coming in on loan. Under butcher loanees were a waste of time as butcher never used them but Hughes maybe different and he did get Anthony Stokes in. 

Kilmarnock are after Lee Miller but I noticed this morning that they have taken Josh Magennis on trial for pre season. St Johnstone have taken David Goodwillie on trial but they said they might not be able to afford him.

Keep at it John Hughes. You're the man .

Not happy to note that Richie has tweaked his knee. A tweak in the knee is akin to a broken rib as far as I am concerned. Except that the rib can be healed within 4-6 weeks. The knee, however,could be very difficult to heal and no doubt he is getting intensive attention from the medics.

Wouldn't it be nice if we handily beat Brummie 0-5 with a team on fire and scything through their

defence at will. If Scotty or Don said that we should not under-estimate the reputation of ICT down

south, then that would enhance it greatly wouldn't it? Then trialists from the younger element coming

up would be very keen to come North upon request.

Lee Miller's only 30?!?!  Seems like he's been around forever.

How about that Dundee Utd youngster, Bryan Gold or something.  I think Lisburn are hoping to sign him for £2-3.  He's much better than that.

Edit: ok, now I feel stupid.  It's more like £2-3k.  We can't match that.

Hearing St Johnstone are closing in on signing David Goodwillie and money is the only stumbling block

Surely we could compete in money terms with the Saints and maybe prise him away to the Highlands

Ok I know he's had a turbulent past to say the least but there is undoubtedly a lot of talent still there and it could put his career back on track with a one year deal with us

Dougal

Hearing St Johnstone are closing in on signing David Goodwillie and money is the only stumbling block

Surely we could compete in money terms with the Saints and maybe prise him away to the Highlands

Ok I know he's had a turbulent past to say the least but there is undoubtedly a lot of talent still there and it could put his career back on track with a one year deal with us

Dougal

As I noted a week or so ago, he could find form again with us. I would certainly take a chance with him. 

• Agree 1

Dougal

As I noted a week or so ago, he could find form again with us. I would certainly take a chance with him.

As the Father of a teenage Daughter I don't want that beast anywhere near Inverness .

• Agree 1

Not long now until the identity of the trialist striker is revealed. (if any of us can recognise him!!!) :laugh:

Have the 2014/15 squad numbers been issued yet?

I assume they'd be much the same but with Brill getting the no.1 jersey and Christie maybe taking the 'vacant' no. 17? And if Calum Ferguson is indeed promoted to the first team squad, then he could take no.21.