Summer transfer targets

Doofer

He's only training with us - I doubt he's a signing target. Well, I hope not!

Another one in the mould of Garry O' Connor or Derek Riordan - lauded as wonder kids due to a stellar youth career. Dow's been a journeyman for years now.

He probably knows Hughes through a Falkirk connection and he's made training 'facilities' available.

He's been a bit-part player in League Two in England - a league that Sam Winnall found 'easy' to score in! I'd rather him back - who knows, I was stunned when Tansey returned!

A Sam Winnall-Billy McKay partnership could be lethal.  

As much as I thought Butcher's reign here was utterly outstanding, I feel he didn't give that player enough opportunity to show his worth.

I dont think Gow was ever lauded as a wonder kid and yes he probably knows Hughes because Hughes signed him at Falkirk. As for training facilities dont you think that maybe he'd find better closer to home than suffer the expense of coming to Inverness?

Exactly what I was thinking Alex, strange choice coming all the way up here just to train, I would imagine Yogi is have a look at him again.

If Gow can make himself fit enough for the Premiership and not command a high wage then I wouldn't see a problem bringing him in as a back up but in all honesty I think we can do better.

If he's fit enough and Hughes reckons he has something to offer then I'd be ok with it. We need something up front.

Half our team come from that level so it doesn't bother me too much if he wasn't a star down south. It's whether or not he can offer us something.

I see Ross Perry is available after failing to win a deal/new deal at Raith.

I would concentrate on getting a Striker in so instead of 2 "young players", I would concentrate on the "one player that would need to be first team player".

Surely loans still possible, that article seems to only focus on transfers?

Interestingly enough Ross Perry has today signed for Raith and is playing agaisnt us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaun

Its gone quiet on transfers just now :-(.

Supposedly the boy Horner was going to be signed after Fleetwood game.

I'm pretty sure there is work being done behind the scenes regarding transfer activity - and that's the way it should be IMO. Lewis Horner coming on trial caught us off guard as did Alan Gow and John Christophe-Aynia.

I was originally not keen on the idea of Lewis Horner being brought in to the club however my mind has been changed after hearing what Yogi has had to say about him and also the news of Richie Foran missing the start of the season. Places for centre mid is going to be tight and I thought that Horner would be placed on the bench as back up. Squad depth is nice to have but it would be a waste of time not just for us but Horner himself if he doesn't get the game time. It was encouraging to read that he can play in various other postitions than just centre mid so he sounds like he can be useful but as I have said in the fleetwood thread I hope if he signs that Yogi can give him the game time and justify the move.

I read the in the Highland News today that we are also looking at one or two youth players that could find it useful to be around a first team environment - I couldn't agree more. Terry Butcher did go down this route but for some reason never played them as much. Sam Winnall being a prime example. I have seen a few games of Celtic's U20 team and they have some really good players we could possibly get a use out of. Bahrudin Atajic is someone I would recommend. There was a boy called Twardzik that I think got released at the end of the season and he was scoring some goals in the U20. Obviously Yogi and John Collins have previously worked together so maybe discussion have/could take place.

Even if Foran will be out for a while, I still can't understand (if it happens), signing Lewis Horner at all.  From what I can see, we need another midfielder about as much as another keeper.  And what about another striker?  We've not had a proper replacement since Adgestein left and I find it hard to believe there's no-one out there that we could afford.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 1

The plus point for me is that should we sign Horner we should hopefully see Danny Williams played attacking wide left. Should there be any injuries to Tansey and Draper then we would have Horner and Polworth and Danny Williams playing in a natural positions. As I said I hope Horner can challenge for a first team spot considering we have quite a big bench already.

I was thinking about strikers we could get and a name popped into my head that i don't think i have seen mentioned anywhere, that is Danny Webber he is currently only on trial at Walsall so it's not as if we would have too buy him, he may be 32 but i reckon we could still get a few good years out of him and probably quite cheap aswell.

Also a right-back could be Callum Driver he was released by West Ham last season and at just 21 he would be good cover for Raven. Clubs down in england league 1/2 and looking at him so we should try and take him up on trial 

Edited by caleydawson

There was a boy called Twardzik that I think got released at the end of the season and he was scoring some goals in the U20. Obviously Yogi and John Collins have previously worked together so maybe discussion have/could take place.

There were twins one of them got released the other one got kept i think the one your on about is Filip Twardik who is still there and it was Patrik Twardzik that got released. 

There was a boy called Twardzik that I think got released at the end of the season and he was scoring some goals in the U20. Obviously Yogi and John Collins have previously worked together so maybe discussion have/could take place.

There were twins one of them got released the other one got kept i think the one your on about is Filip Twardik who is still there and it was Patrik Twardzik that got released.

Yeah I was aware of the Twardzik twins were at Celtic but I couldn't remember off the top of my head which one got released. I'm pretty sure it was Patrik Twardzik that was scoring a few goals for their U20 even against our U20. I would rate Atajic higher than Twardzik twins though (Despite Atajic's recent penalty vs St Pauli)

Edited by ICTRoughi

Danny Webber?

attachicon.gifmuggy.png

Got a problem with him 

A single goal last season playing in the lowest tier of the English League. Fair to say there might be a problem.

Everyone wants a tall striker here is one for you but no cause he only sets up goals and not scores them himself you don't want him 

Danny Webber?

attachicon.gifmuggy.png

Got a problem with him 

No, I have no problem with him.

Fact i he has the experience which could help our players like ferguson and wilson in the long term

Pretty sure Duncan Shearer is doing a good enough job anyways so no point really. Should really go for someone that has potential rather than a has-been. 

Danny Webber?

attachicon.gifmuggy.png

Got a problem with him 

No, I have no problem with him.

Fact i he has the experience which could help our players like ferguson and wilson in the long term

Pretty sure Duncan Shearer is doing a good enough job anyways so no point really. Should really go for someone that has potential rather than a has-been. 

But it's someone on the pitch that could help show them how do it in a real match