Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Yogi's lack of business in the transfer market is very alarming, I can see us doing a County this January where there will be an influx of panic loanees arriving

Have we downsized our scouting etc?

New signings over the summer is a must for any club in my opinion not only does it help take new fans in but it also keeps existing players at the club on their toes

Dougal

A lot of work was done in the latter half of last season securing the services of our established players where for the first time in a long time we went into the summer with a secure 11 in place. Some of these players were fresh intakes last year and have proven well and others been influencial in getting us consecutive Top 6 and soild cup runs.

The fact we only consider the requirement for an additional striker the bit of business needed then we shouldnt panic too much yet. There is still time in the window and there will still be available players who may have been holding out for a 'bigger' deal that ICT can offer who may yet come in as their time and options reduce.

If we can bring in back up or even solid competition for Billy then its been a successful 6 months in terms of securing a squad. The released players never did enough to show they were going to contribute so are perhaps not a big loss plus we have some good youth coming along. I'd rather be where we are this season than doing a County/Motherwell/Dundee who have brought in a large number of players hoping they gel.

• Agree 3

All the great work being done by some people on here to big up the club and encourage more people through the gate will go a long way towards ensuring Yogi has the funds to bring in another international class striker.

*insert sarcasm smiley here*

All the great work being done by some people on here to big up the club and encourage more people through the gate will go a long way towards ensuring Yogi has the funds to bring in another international class striker.

Always the fault of the supporters never the club !

• Agree 2

Always the fault of the supporters never the club !

This.

Guest Shaun

Inverness Courier mentions that Lewis Horner could be signed by end of week and also, interestingly says, that he can "play right back, in midfield or even as a 2nd striker".

I am on my phone so can't post a wee link, maybe one of you guys could ;-)?

Inverness Courier mentions that Lewis Horner could be signed by end of week and also, interestingly says, that he can "play right back, in midfield or even as a 2nd striker".

I am on my phone so can't post a wee link, maybe one of you guys could ;-)?

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Christie-making-case-to-start-season-opener-for-ICT-04082014.htm

I don't think there ever was a link. We signed a loan player who turned out to be a useless dud he didn't really care about the club and had a really bad attitude. We took on one of their youngsters who were released and despite having some talent, never made it to the first team. He also is now playing amateur football and seems (going by twitter) to prefer being down in Epping with his other rich friends.

Actually what we're needing Mahonio is not a second striker, but a taller stronger character than Mckay.  Can't get my head around signing this guy at all really.

• Agree 4

Don't know why folk think a big striker will arrive. Doesn't really fit in with Yogi's preferred ball on the deck, through the middle style of play.

I think he eventually will sign striking reinforcements but it will likely be a player who can hold the ball up, good technical ability and be able to link play with others

Edited by Libero

Don't know why folk think a big striker will arrive. Doesn't really fit in with Yogi's preferred ball on the deck, through the middle style of play.

I think he eventually will sign striking reinforcements but it will likely be a player who can hold the ball up, good technical ability and be able to link play with others

You just described Ryan Christie.

• Agree 1

Don't know why folk think a big striker will arrive. Doesn't really fit in with Yogi's preferred ball on the deck, through the middle style of play.I think he eventually will sign striking reinforcements but it will likely be a player who can hold the ball up, good technical ability and be able to link play with others

So John Hughes is doing his transfer business right then?

Don't know why folk think a big striker will arrive. Doesn't really fit in with Yogi's preferred ball on the deck, through the middle style of play.I think he eventually will sign striking reinforcements but it will likely be a player who can hold the ball up, good technical ability and be able to link play with others

He hasn't had to do any transfer business to get right or wrong.

I take faith from the fact that a good number of players have signed extensions since he arrived (and I suspect more will) and if/when we have need to replace players then he can be judged on how that goes.

Our squad is small, but it's fairly versatile.  There's good argument for a second experienced striker, but can we afford to have that and either them or Billy passing time sitting on the bench?  If we could, then I imagine we'd have brought someone in already.

• Agree 2

He hasn't had to do any transfer business to get right or wrong.

I take faith from the fact that a good number of players have signed extensions since he arrived (and I suspect more will) and if/when we have need to replace players then he can be judged on how that goes.

Our squad is small, but it's fairly versatile.  There's good argument for a second experienced striker, but can we afford to have that and either them or Billy passing time sitting on the bench?  If we could, then I imagine we'd have brought someone in already.

So can you justify one when Billy gets injured?

Ferguson isn't ready to start lots of games in a row so don't say him.

Sounds like you are once again pretty quick to defend the club because you are involved with them. No surprise there