Summer transfer targets

Doofer

I dont believe Ayina is holding out for more money. I'm more inclined to believe that he's just another journeyman player doing the triallist rounds, as many of them do, to see whats on offer. This is a guy who in five years has been at six clubs.

David Clarkson has failed to impress McCall and his trail with them is over and is now available to other clubs. Question is if he is not what McCall is looking for is he what we are looking for?

We know what he is capable of which is what matters imo. Id be inclined to give him a shot. 

Edited by AJS

I think we can do a lot better than David Clarkson.

Says the person who was all for him till Well turned him down

Pretty sure today was the first time I mentioned him in this thread.

No real new developments by the sounds of things. Doesn't sound like Yogi really knows how he wants to supplement the squad yet.

IMO opinion we could do with 1 more striker with a reasonable level of experience to challenge Billy and provide cover and maybe 1 other young striker to provide back up in an injury crisis. I haven't been overly impressed anytime ive seen Marley playing up front, at least yet anyway. I would certainly hope that he can grow into the role. The only other position that might need strengthening is RB, cover for Raven would be good although we have a few players who can play there if need be

JOHN Hughes conceded he has a decision to make on how best to utilise his budget for bringing in new players ahead of the start of the season.

No new faces have been added to Caley Thistle’s squad since they returned to begin pre-season training at the end of last month.

Hughes did take a look at trialist John-Christophe Ayina, but the players financial demands have put any move for the 23-year-old French forward on the backburner for now, although the Inverness manager could choose to re-visit this option in the future.

The possibility of further trialists coming in where mentioned by Hughes last week, but it currently seems unlikely there will be anyone added to the first-team squad that travels to Dudgeon Park tomorrow night (kick-off 7.30pm) for a friendly with Brora Rangers, who were crowned Highland League champions last season.

Hughes is keen to add to his squad, but insists he is facing a situation where he must decide how best to spend the funds available to him for fresh faces.

"I think there’s money for one, but the dilemma we have is if it’s just one then, for me, he has to play in the first-team," said Hughes.

"However, that one could turn into two, if it’s two younger players who want that opportunity to go and play first-team football and have perhaps got something to prove.

"It’s all about doing as best we can for the club, but I would like to think that we’re going to have one or two in over the next couple of weeks that’s for sure."

full story here: http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/Hughes-facing-dilemma-over-new-faces-14072014.htm

Guest Shaun

I see Ross Perry is available after failing to win a deal/new deal at Raith.

I would concentrate on getting a Striker in so instead of 2 "young players", I would concentrate on the "one player that would need to be first team player".

Surely loans still possible, that article seems to only focus on transfers?

I watched Ross Perry last march vs our U20. He only played 45 mins because I think he had just come back from a lengthy injury spell but he had a reasonable game. If it was up to me though I wouldn't blow the budget for him although he has good potential, he wouldn't be guaranteed first team games.

Following from Yogi's article in the courier today, it's pretty much quality over quantity which I fully agree with. Should we get another player it should be a player that can challenge the current 11 and not sit and warm the bench. I am sure that Yogi will have his contacts and hopefully we can attain a quality striker.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Following from Yogi's article in the courier today, it's pretty much quality over quantity which I fully agree with. Should we get another player it should be a player that can challenge the current 11 and not sit and warm the bench. I am sure that Yogi will have his contacts and hopefully we can attain a quality striker.

Well someone is Mr Optimistic aren't they 

From report at the time

Inverness lad Calum Ferguson, an emerging striker with Caley Thistle, has been called up to play for Canada in an international youth tournament in Spain next month.

Ferguson, who scored for the first team in the recent pre-season game with Clach, is qualified to play for Canada because his mother is Canadian.

Calum has been selected for the Maple Leaf country's squad for the under-19 tourney in Alcudia from August 7 to 22.