Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Well, because it was quoted from my post so I thought it was aimed at me, usually that is why someone quotes another posters post.

As I have said, I don't have a clue who that person is so it was a wasted reply.

Getting back on topic..........

I wonder to what extent ICT were waiting to see if we would be getting the £100k Champions League windfall to determine how much we can afford to increase the wage bill by?  :sad:

Celtic's failure is a severe financial blow to the smaller clubs like ours.

• Agree 1

I would have thought there's a good chance our cup game at ibrox may be televised meaning that we may be due some cash from that.....possibly

I was under the impression that Yogi wanted to see the trialists in action before making a decision, sounds like a bounce game last night featured one or both of the trialists so a decision may be on the way on what's happening

HGN-News twitter says that "Hughes contemplated a loan bid for a Scotland call up star" so surely that would be McGregor or Kevin McDonald?

HGN-News twitter says that "Hughes contemplated a loan bid for a Scotland call up star" so surely that would be McGregor or Kevin McDonald?

It would have been Callum MacGregor before he went to Notts County. I'm not so sure how he would have fitted in because Him and Marley are quite similar.

Edited by ICTRoughi

4 days left until window closed and still nothing which is worrying me.

Surely the 2 trialists played midweek so a decision could be looming but tbh, I would prefer a loan signing, someone like Atajic.

4 days left until window closed and still nothing which is worrying me.

Surely the 2 trialists played midweek so a decision could be looming but tbh, I would prefer a loan signing, someone like Atajic.

We can sign free agents after the window is closed.

2rf31pv.jpg

• Agree 1

Latest update from the IC is that one of the trialists has been let go without being offered a deal, we still have one on trial who scored a hat-trick in a bounce game (probably the one against Inverness city) during the week.

Yogi went to the chairman last week with a name of a player who he'd like to sign in the hope of twisting his arm to offer a deal but there was no information on whether that was the current trialist or a.n.other and there was no info on whether this was likely or not.

Yogi still hope to take in one or two trialists next week hence him letting one of the trialists go this week. It sounds like he hopes to add one player before the transfer window closes but that would suggest to me he maybe has plans to add one more seeing as he still wants 1 or 2 more trialists next week

will post the link when it becomes available

• Agree 2

There was suggestions on Twitter that Alex Nimley was training with Preston also so maybe it was the Nigerian boy that scored the hat trick vs Inverness City.

I wonder if a loan deal is still possible but maybe not hence why we are looking at trialists.

I had seen the thing about Preston but it seems like he may have been with PNE before he came up here (if indeed it is Nimely thats here)

For what its worth if it is Nimely who is on trial then I think we would have a great prospect if we managed to sign him. His highlights video shows some real attacking skill, pace and the the ability to glide past players. A bit raw with his finishing but that could be honed

I thought for a while that Yogi was maybe waiting till nearer the close of the window to see what loans were available but this latest article seems to suggest that he's after permanent signings. He doesnt appear to be afraid to wait until after the window closes to sign an unattached player either