Summer transfer targets

Doofer

Guest Shaun

I see Sam Winnall only signed a one year deal at Scunthorpe and hasn't signed a new deal as of yet. I would love to see him back, wasn't given the chance with Terry and I think he would with Yogi.

He was banging in goals at Scunthorpe so could be worth a punt plus, Jake Gosling released by Exeter, he would be a good signing if we needs midfielders.

Guest Shaun

With majority of squad signed up for next season, all we need is another Striker or 2 and some players, possibly youngsters to replace youngsters that got released.

I would maybe like another goalie as 3rd choice but wouldn't worry if we didn't get one in.

Surprised no one has mentioned Paul McGowan who is being let go by Saint Mirren. On his day he could be a real thorn in our side. I was impressed by him in the match in Paisley back in December but he has had a few off field issues recently and his performances over the last few months have been below par by all accounts. Maybe that's why no one has mentioned him!

Edited by RiG

Anyone fancy a punt on Zander Sutherland? Still only 26, scored 35 goals in 44 games this season. Pace, trickery, clinical finisher. I would take him in for a 2 week trial just to see what he can do.

With majority of squad signed up for next season, all we need is another Striker or 2 and some players, possibly youngsters to replace youngsters that got released.

I would maybe like another goalie as 3rd choice but wouldn't worry if we didn't get one in.

We need another striker, and he doesn't even need to be a permanent signing either. I'd be perfectly happy for Hughes to try and pull another Stokes out the hat like he did at Falkirk on loan from Arsenal. 

As for youths I'd imagine there are those in the ranks below who are to step up to the level of the released players as would happen any season. 

Maybe a youth keeper, but with 2 senior keepers we're fine. If an injury crisis were to occur Im sure we could get someone in.

It's excellent we have a settled squad and don"t have to spend the close season searching for half a team as in the past, but a couple of new faces always freshens up a club and builds up excitement amongst fans. The best signings we could make would be Shinnie, Mckay, Meekings etc. on extended deals.

• Agree 3

According to Gary Flitcroft in the Chorley Guardian he is hopeful of keeping "the large majority" of his squad for next season. The exception is centre forward James Dean as there have been enquiries fro League 1&2 clubs and "a Scottish Premier outfit"

Maybe he wants a move East of Eden Court...

Some of those players would be rather out of our budget I'm afraid and I wouldn't touch El Hadji Diouf with a ten foot pole!

We should sign the other Danny Devine though, just for the giggles!

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Some of those players would be rather out of our budget I'm afraid and I wouldn't touch El Hadji Diouf with a ten foot pole!

We should sign the other Danny Devine though, just for the giggles!

2 Danny Devine's there's only 2 Danny Devine's lol