ICT V HIBS -21/01 - matchday thread -

Scotty

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back, what a fantastic result.

Luck went our way in the first half, first Murphy's clearance hits Wyness and rebounds straight to Dargs with the goalie out of position, the McBain flicks out a boot as the ball goes flying across the box and ends up lobbing the keeper.  (Did he mean it?  Probably not).  No luck about Barry's goal though - an absolute cracker that will push Rankin's strike against the Huns for our goal of the season, bending in a scorcher from 25 yards.

That's also the first time we've closed out a game well in a long time too - though its easier when you're 3 up!  Fraser was never tested, he'll have a harder time next week.  Full marks to Charlie who had us set out perfectly to stop Hibs playing their fast flowing game, and for playing Dargo rather than Bayne from the start.

Man of the match?  The PA gave it to Dargo (since he's knackered his shoulder maybe) but for me our outstanding players were RossCo (believe it or not), Hastings and McBain.

Who says we can't make top six?

What a GREAT result  :021: There were some fantastic individual performances but ultimately it was a great team performance  :025:

I feared the worst before the game but Hibs were pretty impotent with lots of tippy tappy passing with no end product.

Sad to hear Dargo has such a bad injury. Him and Wyness linked up really well and anyone at the game could see they are our best 2 strkers - just a shame we won't see this partenrship for as long time  :009:

Nice to see Tokely playing so well again and I thought Dargo, Hastings and Rankin were outstanding  :025:

Well done the lads  :003:

3 going on 6 in the first half.  We were superb, but the H*bs defence was sh*te.  Their over-rated midfielders just passed themselves into trouble.  A brilliant shot by Barry over their midget schoolboy keeper.  

Talking of keepers, was Jonathan Smith actually on the bench today?  He wasn't out warming up before the game and never came out of the dugout to have a warm up with the subs.  Mikey Fraser looked calm and assured as well.

Nice to see some retribution taken out on that wee ned Scott Brown (twin of Barry Ferguson) as well.  Was it Denzil that stood on his head?

Nice to see Tokely playing so well again and I thought Dargo, Hastings and Rankin were outstanding  :025:

Well done the lads  :003:

It was a great team performance. We nearly had 2 before Dargos strike, before the lads realised it was going to be that easy! Done at walking pace. Collins' HT reshuffle seemed to ge them closer to goal, but I think Fraser had lierally two saves to make. There was some dirty stuff going on in th Hibs midfield, but the team, yes even Blackie, seemed to rise above it. Markus got a run, and Duncan was good today as well. Ranking looked very at home on the left wing, but Rossco seems to have to do a lot of work on the other side, due, I think to Bazzas roving remit. Hastings to was excellent. Wyness could do with getting a bit more steel in his game. Notes too how well Roy McBain recovers and tracks back when he ***** up, which wasn't often today.

Blooming great. We should be gearing up to climb a few places, lets hope this result acts as a launch pad. Well done the boys.

This was some performance and has hopefully finally laid the poor home performance bogey to rest.  :022:

Harry : Totally agree with your comments on Mike Fraser... Don't worry mate - you'll soon get over MB's departure...!!

Another performance like that next Sunday is gonna make for some game..... :003:

Top 6 - Here we come..... :014:

Guest Suspicious Mind

First half was the best I have ever seen from ICT against a quality Hibs team that were simply outclassed.

One touch football in abundance, fantastic movement, great work rate, good decision making everything was spot on. For me, that is the best 45 mins of football I have witnessed from a Scottish team this season. Absolutely top drawer.

If Celtic had played like that the tabloids would be awash with green and white and Scotsport SPL transformed to the Neil Lennon show. I look forward to a mention on page 82 and 1 min 45 sec highlights at ten past one!

In the end IDGAF, we were seriously entertained today by a fantastic team of honest guys who always give their all. CC and DP deserve enormous credit also.

Thank you  :021:

Guest PaulieBee

Got to agree with the above.

I thought the first half was some of the best football I have ever seen us play.

We were well organised and played some really good attacking football.

Full credit to CC DP and the rest of the team. Well Done  :clapping02: :clapping02: :clapping02: :clapping02: