Graeme Shinnie

Donview

I think Shinnie will go. Aberdeen are a club going places and on the up, the city's behind them and its scary what to think they will be like in a couple is seasons. He's an Aberdeen lad and playing in front of 10,000+ every home game and 40,000 seen at park head and incredible away support from Aberdeen is better than 1,000 every week up here, they also be able to offer him better wage and with Rooney, Hayes and Robson being there he'll already have friends. In the end its up to him but we there isn't much up here to persuade him to stay. Will be sad to see him go but thats football

Yeah they did this season, interesting to see those stats next year if they don't have a great season. All the glory hunters will disappear again. Where are those 30,000 extra fans they brought to the cup final every week?

Rumoured that we've been offered Considine as part of a deal for Shinnie , thoughts ?

An Aberdeen supporter posted this on P&B 10 days ago but gave no source at all, and no other Dons supporters seemed to have heard it, which made me think it was just his own fevered imagination. Maybe not, though, if you've heard it more recently from elsewhere.

Considine has played left back for Aberdeen in the past, but doesn't offer anything like the impact of Shinnie going forward, and we already have Warren, Meekings and Devine in his preferred centre back position. I think it would be a pretty miserable deal for us, although it's not inconceivable that the board would take him as the makeweight in a player + cash deal, especially if Shinnie was very keen to go.

Rumoured that we've been offered Considine as part of a deal for Shinnie , thoughts ?

I would be very surprised if that were to happen. Would he want a pay cut.

Aberdeen wont be forking out a large amount of cash for any player but may even reassess in the winter if they get a good euro cup run with only 6 months left on a contract.

Given that Aberdeen have started pre-season training already and have their first pre-season game tomorrow I would imagine that the bulk of McInnes' shopping will have been done. I certainly hope so anyway

Still think this whole Shinnie thing is nothing more than idle speculation from journos looking to fill column inches

According to someone "ITK" (puke) on Twitter claiming the Aberdeen deal for Shinnie is off. Funny because no-one, apart from Aberdeen fans, ever believed the deal was on. One good season in 5 and they think they are Man. City.

• Agree 1

According to someone "ITK" (puke) on Twitter claiming the Aberdeen deal for Shinnie is off. Funny because no-one, apart from Aberdeen fans, ever believed the deal was on. One good season in 5 and they think they are Man. City.

There was never a deal for Shinnie despite what some ITK posters like to claim.

I notice that Dundee United are reported to have rejected an offer of £1 million for their highly-rated left-back, Andrew Robertson.

He's had international recognition and still has 2 years to run on his contract - just trying to gauge how much we should expect to get for Shinnie if the worst happens and a concrete offer comes in for him.

The Daily Mail are reporting that Swansea have agreed a deal to sign Falkirk's little-known left-back Stephen Kingsley for £400k. If that's the going-rate for a relative rookie, with one-year left on his contract - who's untried at a level higher than the Scottish Championship, we should be looking at quite considerably more than that for Shinnie.

• 1 month later...

Hull have apparently offered about £3 million for Andrew Robertson. Incredible deal for United if that goes through but I wonder if some of that cash might be put towards signing Shinnie from us?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/hull-city-finally-match-dundee-united-s-andrew-robertson-valuation-1.490580

Edited by RiG

Hull have apparently offered about £3 million for Andrew Robertson. Incredible deal for United if that goes through but I wonder if some of that cash might be put towards signing Shinnie from us?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united/hull-city-finally-match-dundee-united-s-andrew-robertson-valuation-1.490580

Funnily enough i was tweeting a united fan earlier and he said how they have been linked to Shinnie since dilion isn't a favorite of Jackie 

Don't forget they got £3M off of Sporting Lisbon for Gauld. I wouldn't sell Shinnie for anything under £1M considering the two deals they completed. I was going suggest a swap deal plus cash but I don't know who we would get.

Edited by ICTRoughi

Don't forget they got £3M off of Sporting Lisbon for Gauld. I wouldn't sell Shinnie for anything under £1M considering the two deals they completed. I was going suggest a swap deal plus cash but I don't know who we would get.

Dillion would be about 250-300k probably 

Dillion would be about 250-300k probably 

What I meant by swap deal plus cash is that United give us cash plus a player for Shinnie meaning we don't need to spend and get a new player. I wouldn't want Dillion to be honest, considering if we did in fact get money off United then I am sure Yogi could find a better defender than Dillon. I was thinking along the lines of a striker which we desperately need. 

All in all, I think it would be a great move for Graeme considering all the media hype that surrounds United. Thankfully we have Tremarco and now Ryan Baptie should Shinnie leave.