Synthetic surface and club marketing

Alex MacLeod

Reading the attached article it looks like,if funds could be made available, we could have a synthetic pitch in the future. Also interesting to note the club are in negotiations with back of shirt sponsor.

http://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/Sport/Football/ICT-giving-serious-thought-to-artificial-surface-05062014.htm

Is this quote referring to any any one/team in particular ? 

""As we all know, there are teams with far larger budgets than ours, who have state-of-the-art facilities, but regularly underperform, so it is not all about what you have in terms of facilities, but more about what you are as a club and the environment you foster as part of your club ethos."

:whistle:

• Agree 1

I remeber watching highlights of one of the early rounds of the Scottish Cup and couldn't believe how many snthetic pitches were available in the lower leagues. I used to be dead against these (anyone remeber the shambles at Loftus Rd many years ago with one of the early versions - like playing in a car-park!), but having actually had a shot on one of the 3G versions, I think it is sensible. Our pitch was dire last season for a few months and it doesn't suit the Barca style..... :tongueincheek:

Is this quote referring to any any one/team in particular ? 

""As we all know, there are teams with far larger budgets than ours, who have state-of-the-art facilities, but regularly underperform, so it is not all about what you have in terms of facilities, but more about what you are as a club and the environment you foster as part of your club ethos."

:whistle:

Rangers??

Noticed from that link that the league table on the official Killie site shows them having finished 7th instead of their actual 9th, and ICT 6th instead of 5th!

To be fair the table does say we had played 2 less games at that point :P

Regarding funding perhaps the bank of Caley Thistle could be set up.

If a credit card can be issued where money goes towards your football club.

Then what about peer to peer lending where say  a 2% interest rate could be arranged and be set for 3years  or 5 years at 3%

The £400,000 loan  would only cost the club  £8,000 to 12,000 pa.

The club would only have to find  £92,000 a year for 5 years to pay for it outright.

It really depends on how long the surface is going to last for and  whats Tommy going to do for a living.

Regarding funding perhaps the bank of Caley Thistle could be set up.

If a credit card can be issued where money goes towards your football club.

Then what about peer to peer lending where say  a 2% interest rate could be arranged and be set for 3years  or 5 years at 3%

The £400,000 loan  would only cost the club  £8,000 to 12,000 pa.

The club would only have to find  £92,000 a year for 5 years to pay for it outright.

It really depends on how long the surface is going to last for and  whats Tommy going to do for a living.

In terms of man hours, synthetic pitches need just as much maintenance as real pitches, especially if being used more often....they even have to be watered.  In that regard, ground staff are very much a necessity, so jobs would be safe.

Club could easily make its money back hiring the pitch out for community use in the evening and whatever day the pitch isn't getting used at the weekend. The west stand could have a storage section to store the 7-a-side goals that local youth teams would be using.

I see Killie are letting fans get their hands on the outgoing turf.  If ICT did that, which precise piece of the pitch would you want?

Incidentally, my lawn is turf from Tannadice.  When the house was built, the first owner was a Utd player who got it when they replaced the pitch one summer. Thankfully it wasn't from the time their pitch was a barren sandpit.

• Agree 2

Or,

Is it possible to demolish the west side of ground and build 3/4 5aside pitches in it's place? Could also build a social club with changing room facilities

We could pay for all this by selling advertising space on the playing strips.

• Agree 1

4,000 FANS BUYING £100 OF SHARES EACH AND JOB DONE WITH NO DEBT AND FANS GETTING A SHARE OF THE CLUB!!

I know I know where do we get 4000 fans from -maybe the new supporters clubs around the world and half of the league cup final supporters -just a thought!

4,000 FANS BUYING £100 OF SHARES EACH AND JOB DONE WITH NO DEBT AND FANS GETTING A SHARE OF THE CLUB!!

I know I know where do we get 4000 fans from -maybe the new supporters clubs around the world and half of the league cup final supporters -just a thought!

I think what you are proposing and describing is possibly called a "share issue"? :whistle:

Most fundraising ideas are great on paper but incredibly difficult to put into practice. I have that from first hand experience when ICT nearly went to the wall more than a decade ago. In Ian Broadfoot's book and in his 'season history' he notes the "Pay a Player" scheme I tried to get off the ground to help Pele with his player budget .....

It was great, people were very positive, and liked the idea that they could pay as much or as little as they wanted per month (subject to a £5 minimum). We were in the final stages of preparation when David Sutherland came along and sorted us out so the scheme never actually saw the light of day but the difference between people's attitude when talking about the idea compared to asking then to fill out the forms so they could part with some cold hard cash was like chalk and cheese ...... I estimate about 1 in 20 of those who said they would do it were prepared to follow through ......

Same can be said to a lesser extent with our own player sponsorship ..... its simple, easy, and only a tenner per share but it still takes us on average about 3 months to reach our target .... and that's only £500 not £400K !