Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

He scored 20+ goals last season for Scunthorpe and i know he was out for 2/3 months due to injury, so it shows he is a beast of a striker. Winnel has come out and openly criticised TB and how he would only select in his words "his favorites". 

He scored 20+ goals last season for Scunthorpe and i know he was out for 2/3 months due to injury, so it shows he is a beast of a striker. Winnel has come out and openly criticised TB and how he would only select in his words "his favorites". 

Sam Winnal made three appearances and done nothing for us. I think that in the short while Winnal was with us TB selected the on form strikers. Tade and Foran. Rory McAllister is, in your words, 'a beast of a striker' 33 in 35 games last season for Peterhead. We didn't keep him either.

Thought he might have gone to a Championship side.  He is still probably going to earn 3 or 4 times as much as we could have paid him.  One of Butcher's big mistakes in not recognising this lad's potential.  Good luck to him.

Winnal was on loan to us with over a year remaining at Wolves. Even if we had wanted him we couldn't have paid the fee at the time.

Sam Winnal made three appearances and done nothing for us. I think that in the short while Winnal was with us TB selected the on form strikers. Tade and Foran. Rory McAllister is, in your words, 'a beast of a striker' 33 in 35 games last season for Peterhead. We didn't keep him either.

McAllister could play for a low championship team but he chose to get a trade instead of playing full-time.

winnall never got a sniff. he was always back up to tade  :blush:  mckay (when he wasnt scoring) and Andy shinnie :notworthy: . he only started 1 game against kilmarnock if i remember correctly and i thought he played quite well on the day, and if we are honest he probably should got more of a chance if not ahead of mckay, then definatly ahead of tade who was pretty poor in his last 6 months for us imo. its not like we were going anywhere that season so if butcher was a bit more open minded he couldve gave the lad a chance. but he stuck by mckay and tade. one of which has gone on to become potentially our best ever goalscorer and premier league level. the other fecked off to perth, then romania or something. all in all i blame butcher :redcard:

EDIT: i almost forgot. we also had claude gnakpa that year who got a game ahead of him. :crazy:

Edited by lukemackay

Yes, I agree with Luke.  Whether we could have afforded to buy Winnall from Wolves is irrelevant.  The fact is that Butcher badly misjudged his ability in his loan spell with us, preferring Mckay and Tade, and never gave the lad a real chance. And, bye the way, when was Tade ever an 'on form' striker for us,as Alex said in post 56 above?   On form, yes, if you're happy with a few goals a season and lots of huffing and puffing.

Anyway I'm pleased Winnall has proved Butcher wrong as is now well on the way to a very successful career.  I just wish it had been with us.

Not a great start for Michael Fraser and Matthew Cooper at Elgin City. Both making their competitive debuts yesterday - Elgin crashed 3-0 at home to Stirling in the Challenge Cup, with Cooper also getting sent-off! :redcard:

Ben Greenhalgh is on trial at Concord Rangers apparently.

I wondered what had happened to Greenhalgh! So he's back at Concord...I'm sure they'll be happy to have him back although I bet he feels he can play at a higher level!

Edited by Sneckboy

Man of many clubs, Aidan Chippendale (who I never actually saw play!) has moved to Stalybridge Celtic of the Conference South - technically a move up from his previous club, Ashton United, of 'level 7'.

post-3020-0-18695100-1406967595.jpg

Also on the move is Steve Williams. He's transferred from Macclesfield Town to fellow Conference National side, Halifax Town.

post-3020-0-30338700-1406967633.jpg

Ben Greenhalgh is on trial at Concord Rangers apparently.

I wondered what had happened to Greenhalgh! So he's back at Concord...I'm sure they'll be happy to have him back although I bet he feels he can play at a higher level!

And he is the ONLY one who feels he should be playing at a higher level!

Man of many clubs - Felipe Morais, has signed for Bradford City.. .I'm surprised he's still only 28. Seems to have been around for ages!

Obligatory 'scarf holding' photo:

post-3020-0-91808000-1407575522.jpg

Edited by Sneckboy

Good player, but a bit of a tube apparently.

I see Andre Blackman wasn't signed by Leeds in the end as well!

Edited by Renegade

Tonight Eric Odhiambo was on the bench for Sligo Rovers at Rosenborg, and Jonny Tuffey was in goal for Linfield v AIK

Can't believe he's still on the bench even for Linfield. That boy's spent almost his entire career as a substitute. Such a waste, he has talent.