Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

Marius Niculae has left Ukranian side Hoverla (3 goals from 14 appearances last season) to join Sanliurfaspor in Turkey's 2nd flight. 

Sounds like a reaching-the-end-of-my-career move - where can I get the most money?! !

I've never heard of them - but I doubt he had either, until they showed interest.

He certainly wouldn't have heard of us before signing, but money talks! I always felt he was lazy with us, although at times you could see he had class.

A friend in Turkey has told me he has left without a game as the technical director didn't agree with his wage 

Yes, it seems he wasn't paid the signing on fee he was expecting and is now looking elsewhere. A couple of Romanian clubs interested, unsurprisingly, but according to one report his old club Dinamo Bucharest only offered him 3,500 Euros a month so he's looking abroad again.

We should re-sign him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Craig MacMillan has left Buckie Thistle to go to Rothes, on loan, until the end of the season. I'm have to admit, despite MacMillan playing 11 times for the first team (around a decade ago), I can't say I remember much about him!

I see Daniel Stratford is now the Assistant Coach of the West Virginia University team.  Seems he also coached at a West Ham youth academy in America as well.

Also, Dani Sanchez is now playing second tier football in Thailand for Ayutthaya.  

And Kyle Allison I see (one appearance and one clean sheet!), is now playing junior football for East Superleague side Kelty Hearts in Fife.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Craig MacMillan has left Buckie Thistle to go to Rothes, on loan, until the end of the season. I'm have to admit, despite MacMillan playing 11 times for the first team (around a decade ago), I can't say I remember much about him!

Never rated him, could be wrong but think he might be a county fan too? When he was released I heard he was trying to join the police. Out of our youths around then tony low and Lewis mackinnon seemed far better.

• 2 weeks later...

After finally departing Easter Rd in September, I see Steve Marsella has joined Grimsby Town in the Conference as part-time goalkeeping coach. 

In this interview he mentions that as he is only part time there he is still doing some scouting work in that league for Scottish clubs. Also says he brought 27 players up to ICT - was it really that many?

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Marsella-ready-work-Mariners/story-23251499-detail/story.html

In this interview he mentions that as he is only part time there he is still doing some scouting work in that league for Scottish clubs. Also says he brought 27 players up to ICT - was it really that many?

http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/Marsella-ready-work-Mariners/story-23251499-detail/story.html

Possibly not all were signed.  He might have "brought them up" for trials and transfer talks which never came to anything.

I see that Kyle Whyte has now gone on loan to junior side Nairn Saint Ninian.  I seem to recollect some people saying that they thought he'd make the grade with us.

Edited by Renegade

Possibly, not all were signed.  He might have "brought them up" for trials and transfer talks which never came to anything.

I see that Kyle Whyte has now gone on loan to junior side Nairn Saint Ninian.  I seem to recollect some people saying that they thought he'd make the grad with us.

Surprised at Kyle Whyte, thought he was scoring goals for Clach? Was pretty decent against us back in July.

Some of you may recall a Kevin McCann who played for us on loan from Hibs for the first half of the 2010-11 season but struggled wth injury. Well after leaving Hibs in 2011 he had short spells with Morton, Livi and Raith before joining Singapore S-League side Warriors. McCann and Warriors have just won the 2014 S-League becoming apparently the first Scot to win that title!!!

Edited by Rival
  • Agree 3

Some of you may recall a Kevin McCann who played for us on loan from Hibs for the first half of the 2010-11 season but struggled wth injury. Well after leaving Hibs in 2011 he had short spells with Morton, Livi and Raith before joining Singapore S-League side Warriors. McCann and Warriors have just won the 2014 S-League becoming apparently the first Scot to win that title!!!

Are there any other ex-ICT players who have won a national league title?

Are there any other ex-ICT players who have won a national league title?

Mark Brown

That's a good shout, Alex to Yngwie's great question! I'd completely overlooked thinking about the 'SPL'! *

Barry Robson, also at Celtic, I suppose also!

Thierry Gathuessi is a more obscure one - he played for the Indonesian champions in 2012. Started 30 of their 34 games and actually scored 5 times!! He's since moved on to a different Indonesian team. Stats from 'Soccerway'.

On a higher level, Gregory Tade is currently scoring plenty goals for CFR Cluj in the Romanian league, and they're pushing Steau Bucharest for the title - although it's early days there.

But, fair play to McCann, he'll be playing in the Asian Champions League next season! (yeah, that's a 'thing'!)

* obviously 'warming up' for your Scottish Cup predictions later today!

Edited by Sneckboy

Inverurie Locos have signed Martin Laing from Clach in deal until the end of season 2016/17.

Butcher occasionally picked Laing for the subs bench (14 times) but he didn't actually make a first team appearance before leaving last summer.

I bet Locos have offered him good money!