Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

8 hours ago, Robert said:

Good to see Markey Watkins being a fixture in the Barnsley side that is the form team in League 1, now being in a play off place after being in the relegation places only a few months ago..

Not forgetting, of course, our other 'ex' at Barnsley, Sam Winnall.  He has been an even more prolific scorer, and has just been nominated for the League 1 Fans Player of the Month, for the second month running.  What would we give for either of them to be back here now?

• Agree 4

Not really an ICT player, but I just heard on Radio Scotland there that Stuart Garden (who was made redundant after we were relegated) is now the goalkeeper coach at Dundee United.  I knew he was the manager of Montrose at one stage but I didn't realise that's where he was now.  According to Wikipedia, he was GK coach at Airdrie for a while after that as well.

• Agree 1

An interview by Queensland Soccer News with Andrew MacAskill : http://queenslandsoccernews.com/2016/03/23/soccer-world-off-the-pitch-andrew-macaskill-holland-park-hawks/.

QSN: What are your greatest individual and team moments in football?

AM: Individually, getting a full time contract with Inverness was a big achievement and is something that as a kid you want to try and achieve. More recently, I was named in the Highland League team of the year for 2015 which I was pleased with as there are a lot of good players in the league.

As a team there is nothing better than winning trophies and winning the Highland League Cup in 2013 with Keith FC and Aberdeenshire Shield with Turriff United in 2015. They are two medals I look back at with great pride.

QSN: Who is the best player you have played with or against in your career?

AM: It’s hard to pick the best player I have played with but it would probably be between Graeme Shinnie who is now at Aberdeen FC or Stuart Armstrong who is currently at Celtic FC.

• Agree 3

It was the Football League Trophy Final this afternoon at Wembley in front of a crowd in excess of 59,000!
Barnsley 3-2 Oxford United.
Sam Winnall started for Barnsley with Marley Watkins an unused sub, and Alex MacDonald was in the losing Oxford side.

I assume Marley will still get a winners' medal, so well done to the pair of them.

• Agree 1

He went onto play for Hamilton Accies after us along with a couple of other Scottish clubs.  I'm sure he was an Invernesian American though, as he was from here but grew up in Iowa or somewhere.

Edited by Renegade
  • Agree 2

Just looked up to see what Max Johnson is doing now.  He was brought in after we were promoted in 2010 and was the third choice keeper behind Esson and Tuffey, having just been released by Newcastle.  I think I only saw him play once in a 3-2 defeat against Clach at Grant Street.  Looks like he joined Barrow after leaving us and looks as if he's retired in a playing capacity, as he's now a goalkeeper coach with the FA and with the Manchester City Academy.

• Agree 2

Graeme Shinnie and Jonny Hayes have been selected by their footballing peers as worthy of inclusion in the Premiership Team of the Year.
Similarly, Rory McAllister has made the team in Scottish League One.

• Agree 2

Billy Mckay, Edward Ofere and John Rankin were all relegated with Dundee Utd tonight. Ofere, who had a great strike rate for us after signing mid season, finally got his first goal for Utd tonight.

Since leaving ICT, Mckay has been relegated twice in 15 months.  :ohmy: 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Billy Mckay, Edward Ofere and John Rankin were all relegated with Dundee Utd tonight. Ofere, who had a great strike rate for us after signing mid season, finally got his first goal for Utd tonight.

Since leaving ICT, Mckay has been relegated twice in 15 months.  :ohmy: 

Is that the Caley Curse again?