Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

Just noticed that  one of our former players, Tom (the Tank) Aldred, Blackpool's captain last season, has left them and joined Bury.  My Blackpool supporting pal tells me it was purely for considerably more money.

And, Dale Gillespie has moved from Brora to Rothes.

Edited by Caley Mad In Berks
update
  • Like 1

Looks like Greg Tansey and Miles Storey are 'bench buddies' at Pittodrie. Hope they enjoyed the 'couple' of away Europa games as usual for the Dons!! :amazed:

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Dachi Khutsishvili, former ICT U20, appeared for Spartans FC last night v Albion Rovers in the Challenge Cup.

I see he scored for them in their first match of this season a couple of weeks ago. I've updated my records  to include him again. He was a regular scorer for Forres a couple of seasons ago.

2 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Dachi Khutsishvili, former ICT U20, appeared for Spartans FC last night v Albion Rovers in the Challenge Cup.

He might get a second bite at the cherry, as Albion seem to be in a bit of bother for fielding an ineligible player.

31 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

He might get a second bite at the cherry, as Albion seem to be in a bit of bother for fielding an ineligible player.

Spoke to a couple of the Spartans board at the game. They won't be overjoyed at the news. Quite happy to be knocked out as they're putting all their energies into winning the LL this season. Even left out Ross Allum last night, probably their top striker.

• 3 weeks later...

I see Ian Black claims in an interview with the Scotsman today that 'he could do a job for any team in Britain outside the EPL'.  He's clubless and has had talks with other clubs but felt they were too low for him and wants the team to be commutable from Preston.  Seemingly he's been training with Salford City but doesn't have much intention of signing for them and also feels he's too good to go on trial anywhere else due to his CV...

9 minutes ago, Renegade said:

I see Ian Black claims in an interview with the Scotsman today that 'he could do a job for any team in Britain outside the EPL'.  He's clubless and has had talks with other clubs but felt they were too low for him and wants the team to be commutable from Preston.  Seemingly he's been training with Salford City but doesn't have much intention of signing for them and also feels he's too good to go on trial anywhere else due to his CV...

Yes, I have noticed that he hasn't yet got a club since being released by Blackpool.  I think he is a bit deluded about his own ability these days. A Blackpool supporting pal of mine saw him a couple of times whilst he was there, and said he made no impact on either game.  Coupled with his iffy disciplinary record, I suspect his career may be over as far as any decent standard goes. Glad to see that he wants a club commutable from Preston.  That should rule him out for us.:smile:

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Currently at a game in Spain where I've noticed a certain Roman Golobart is in the starting line up for Elche CF

Well spotted. Checking up on him, I see he has been back in Spain for a couple of years.  Before moving to Elche CF a couple of weeks ago he was with Real Murcia from Jan to Aug this year and scored once for them back in January.