Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

I noticed Dean McDonald's name crop up on the "Remember this guy" thread.  I checked him out for interest.  He has had at least 12 clubs since his decidedly unsuccessful spell with us 10 years ago.  His best spell was a couple of seasons at Farnborough in 2009/11 where he scored 45 goals, would you believe, in 90 appearances.  This gained him a trial at Swansea City, but no contract. He moved clubs frequently after this, turning up at Dulwich Hamlet last season, a reasonably successful, London based, Isthmian league side. He scored half a dozen goals for DH, (all of which I missed ,btw, in my 2016 year end stats of ex ICT goal scorers).  He has now moved on to Merstham FC in the same league.

11 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

I noticed Dean McDonald's name crop up on the "Remember this guy" thread.  I checked him out for interest.  He has had at least 12 clubs since his decidedly unsuccessful spell with us 10 years ago.  His best spell was a couple of seasons at Farnborough in 2009/11 where he scored 45 goals, would you believe, in 90 appearances.  This gained him a trial at Swansea City, but no contract. He moved clubs frequently after this, turning up at Dulwich Hamlet last season, a reasonably successful, London based, Isthmian league side. He scored half a dozen goals for DH, (all of which I missed ,btw, in my 2016 year end stats of ex ICT goal scorers).  He has now moved on to Merstham FC in the same league.

He had a trial at Celtic around the time he was at Swansea as well as I recall.  Very odd though that he's never managed to stay at any club for any length of time.  He's had 17 clubs and is still only 31.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, IBM said:

Yes it is. Is he the first player from Inverness to play for Scotland?

No.  Stuart Armstrong was born in Inverness as was John McGinlay.  There must be others too I'd imagine.

Edited by Renegade

I thought John McGinlay would have been born in Fort William. He went to Lochaber High School, as did Donald Park and Duncan Shearer. I can't think of a successful player to come out of The Fort since that time!

Edited by Robert

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Robert said:

Christie has been sent off before, at least once when with us.

twice

26/09/15 - V Aberdeen (H) (2-1 victory - where he scored in 29 minutes, booked in 65 then got a 2nd yellow in 90th minute)

18/10/14 - V St Mirren (A) (1-0 victory where he was booked in 43 then got a second yellow on 49 minutes)

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst I have no time for either club he has been at since he left, sorry to hear that Jonny Hayes broke his leg in Celtic's game against Dundee in a challenge with Josh Meekings.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1