Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

On 5/1/2019 at 1:47 PM, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Dean Brill has capped a brilliant return to playing by helping Leyton Orient back into the football league from the National League (and into a Wembley appearance in the FA Trophy Final). At the same time Garry Warren (and Alex Fisher) is heading into the National League with Yeovil likely to finish bottom of League 2. 

Great to hear about Brill getting success. He was great for us,

• Agree 1

Graeme Shinnie has signed a pre contract agreement with Derby County.

Must be terrible for the Dons and their fans to have their club captain poached my a larger wealthier club and to lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Must be terrible for the Dons and their fans to have their club captain poached my a larger wealthier club and to lose him for nothing at the end of his contract.

Could be worse, could lose your captain to a smaller wealthier club for free.

• Facepalm 1

On 5/8/2019 at 5:14 PM, Kingsmills said:

Will this will make the highest paid ex-ICT player? 

Derby also have a chance of making it to the Premier league, I can only think of Allan Smart as making it from ICT to the EPL, have there been any others I’ve forgotten?

59 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Derby also have a chance of making it to the Premier league, I can only think of Allan Smart as making it from ICT to the EPL, have there been any others I’ve forgotten?

Stuart Armstrong, if you count playing for ICT youth team.

5 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Will this will make the highest paid ex-ICT player? 

Don Cowie.

7 hours ago, Satan said:

Jakey boy starting at Hampden today.

And played pretty well.  When he was with us he was rightly criticised for trying to be too fancy and in having no end product.  Today he gave a very mature performance, tracked back well and put some really good balls into the box.

• 1 month later...

Kevin McNaughton (36) started for East Superleague Kirrie Thistle JFC yesterday against East Fife at Kirriemuir. Danny Denholm, a name that some might know from his football blog, newly signed from Arbroath, scored 2 and missed a barrowload in a 4-1 win for the Fifers.

Aberdeen's Finnish opponents tonight includeAntonio Reguero: The Spanish goalkeeper had spells at four different clubs in Scotland - Kilmarnock, Hibernian and most notably, the two Highland clubs Ross County and Inverness Caledonian Thistle. The 37-year-old is also RoPS' captain, having moved to the club in 2016 after his time at Easter Road ended without a single appearance.

He was really good for us when he got his chance, so no surprise that he some really good saves tonight.

Hadn't realised until today that Trafford was a teammate of his in Finland when Trafford signed for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Robert said:

I see Ali Sutherland is now at Rothes. 

I always thought he would get established at a higher level. 

He got sent off in midweek but had earlier scored a goal and he netted two last weekend also. 

Yes, he left Elgin in the summer.  I think he has scored 5 goals since moving to Rothes.  Probably found his level I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Went along to Bonnyrigg v Buckie last night which felt a bit like a Caley/ICT old boys reunion at times. Spider Stewart as manager, Sam Urquhart, son of The Legend, Sam Robertson, son of Wilsie, Lewis MacKinnon, now 34 and playing centre half, plus Kevin Fraser, Shaun Carroll, Andrew McAskill, Jai Cheyne, all associated with ICT if I’ve got this right.

On 10/19/2019 at 2:54 PM, TheMantis said:

Went along to Bonnyrigg v Buckie last night which felt a bit like a Caley/ICT old boys reunion at times. Spider Stewart as manager, Sam Urquhart, son of The Legend, Sam Robertson, son of Wilsie, Lewis MacKinnon, now 34 and playing centre half, plus Kevin Fraser, Shaun Carroll, Andrew McAskill, Jai Cheyne, all associated with ICT if I’ve got this right.

Sam Urquhart is Alan Urquharts son (ex Clach and Ross County) was with us as a kid, went to Aberdeen then back to us for a wee while as a youth. Big potential but didn't quite get there.

Edited by caleyboy