Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

17 hours ago, Robert said:

And as Caley Mad in Berks has reported on the scorers thread, he scored the fourth Marine penalty as they won the shoot out. Nice one David!

I think it is Raven taking the first penalty shown on the BBC highlights on their website. Commentator says he thinks he will be a “run up and belt it “  penalty taker and he was right, straight down the middle.

5 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

And today, Sun 8 Nov, old favourite Gary Warren should line up with his Torquay team mates as they take on Crawley in the F.A. Cup.  Again, live on the BBC website, at 12.45.

Sounds quite a game but sadly he lost 6-5 after extra time. He came on as a sub in the 4th minute of stoppage time in normal time but if the BBC report is right, there were 20 minutes of stoppage time!

I see Chorley beat Wigan in a local derby. A poster on here would be happy about that outcome. 

Yes, crazy game.  5 goals in extra time alone.  I think there were 20+ minutes of injury time because of a serious injury to Crawley's keeper.  I only watched about a quarter of an hour of the  injury time, from just after Warren came on, and all of the extra time.  Have to say that Torquay threw this game away.  Don't think Gary was directly responsible for any of the late Crawley goals, but collectively he must share the blame for not seeing this game out, having been 5-3 ahead  after about 7mins of the  first period of extra time.

• 2 weeks later...

There was an interview with Craig Brewster in the (Dundee) Courier yesterday.  He is still based down in Sussex and has set up his own coaching school for kids, as well as being Horsham FC’s football development coordinator.

Horsham are in the Isthmian league, and this season have been allowed crowds of 600. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched, on BT sport, David Raven playing for Marine and winning with a late extra time goal to get into the 3rd round of the FA Cup.  8th tier Marine, are I think, the lowest ranked team to get this far.  Raven was immense, especially in extra time, with a couple of crucial tackles to thwart Havant.  Well done Raven and Marine. Hope they are rewarded with a plum tie in the next round.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

And he’s got a game with the Premiership leaders to look forward to in the third round as they’ve drawn Spurs.

Marine are only the second club ever from their tier (eighth tier) to get to the third round.

As he’s now playing centre half, I’d love to see him keep Kane, Bale, Son etc out but somehow I think it will be a big pay day for his club and a memorable occasion, but the end of his cup run. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Caley Mad In Berks said:

What odds 3-2 to Marine with Raven scoring the winner in extra time? That could never happen , Could it?

No!  

But what a brilliant draw for them!  Mourinho tends to put out strong teams even for supposedly easy ties, so it would be fantastic for Dave to be up agains the likes of Kane, Bale and Son.  What a great experience that would be for him as he comes to the end of his career.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 1:34 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Mitch Curry has signed for Sunderland

On 9/16/2020 at 2:08 PM, Yngwie said:

Specifically for the U23 squad. Presumably they can be called up to the first team if need be, but I’d be pleasantly surprised if that happened.

Curry actually came on as a sub midweek, as most of Sunderland’s first team was unavailable due to Covid. They’ve had to postpone their next 3 games so he might not get further chances any time soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rooney was man of the match in the League Cup Semi for St Johnston for whom Jamie will also have a cup final . Polworth sent off after a yellow for a second offence deemed a straight red - he may appeal but then receive a notice of complaint that the first yellow was not stringent enough for a kick and lash!

Even more interesting, Yogi wants to sign Jordan White from Motherwell!

...and, George Oakley may sign for Kilmarnock after a spell in Bulgaria.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lewis Toshney has announced his retirement from football at the age of 28 and has taken up the role of manager of Downfield Juniors in Dundee.

In the 10 years since making his debut, injuries restricted him to 136 appearances, spread across 11 clubs, the last of which was ICT.

Really unfortunate. In the little we saw of him, he looked a capable defender, but his injury record is horrendous.

Hopefully his managerial start gives him a foundation for a successful managerial career.