Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

Some of you may have seen some alarming messages from Kevin McNaughton with caused a lot of concern for his well being.

Fortunately, it seems that Kevin has been located by the police and is in safe hands again.

If you are struggling with your mental health please consider picking up the phone to your pals, your family or your partner if you can.

If you don't feel like you can do so there are a number of organisations with fantastic support services who want to help you.

Samaritans - Call 116 123 - https://www.samaritans.org/
Breathing Space - Call 0800 83 85 87 - https://breathingspace.scot/
Back Onside - Call 0752 824 3100 - https://backonside.co.uk/
Mikey's Line - Call 07786 20 77 55 - https://www.mikeysline.co.uk/

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Their promotion reportedly triggers an additional transfer fee to Celtic of either £1m or £2m depending which paper you believe. Hopefully our own sell on clause with Celtic entitles us to a small percentage of that. Well, hopefully it entitles us to a large percentage of that, but even 5% or 10% of it would be gratefully received given our poor financial position.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Their promotion reportedly triggers an additional transfer fee to Celtic of either £1m or £2m depending which paper you believe. Hopefully our own sell on clause with Celtic entitles us to a small percentage of that. Well, hopefully it entitles us to a large percentage of that, but even 5% or 10% of it would be gratefully received given our poor financial position.

I am hearing we are in line for £100,000 which will be very handy whichever division we are in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

John Hughes has led Dunfermline, including our former players Polworth, Donaldson and Chalmers to relegation down to League 1. This despite having one of the biggest budgets in the Championship.

Pretty incredible really, but I guess he has previous, having got Raith relegated a few seasons ago.

Did he not also get relegated with Hartlepool?

His spell here is really his managerial highlight, although I know there are many who give a lot of the credit to Terry Butcher (I’m not trying to spark that debate off again though). 

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Did he not also get relegated with Hartlepool?

His spell here is really his managerial highlight, although I know there are many who give a lot of the credit to Terry Butcher (I’m not trying to spark that debate off again though). 

Yes he did, but to be fair to him, they actually improved under his tenure but not enough to avoid the drop.  I won't get involved in the debate either, but suffice it to say that one would assume Dunfermline will part company with Yogi  now and that he will find it difficult to get a job other than in a cycle shop.

Cowdenbeath look like dropping out of the league after their defeat today.

Who’d have thought Fife derbies next season would be Dunfermline against Kelty!

Dunfermline and Falkirk hate each other, so at least they have those games to look forward to.

At least Montrose lost today so (if we don’t get promoted) at least we won’t have Gardyne playing against us in the league, as I dread to think what Carson would do to him!

So does Liam Polworth have the honour of being part of the Dunfermline team that  got relegated from the Championship, whilst in the same season getting a Championship league winners medal from Kilmarnock?

I saw Gavin Morrison playing for Brora just the other week, but was surprised to see him in a Cowden shirt at Bonnyrigg on Saturday. Not sure how this came about, whether it was job related, was living down here, whatever. 

Edited by TheMantis
Saturday

On 5/8/2022 at 12:14 AM, Yngwie said:

So does Liam Polworth have the honour of being part of the Dunfermline team that  got relegated from the Championship, whilst in the same season getting a Championship league winners medal from Kilmarnock?

I see quite a lot of "lazy b*****d" quotes on P&B from both sets of fans and Motherwell too, although he did well there initially. Maybe just his running style. I'd certainly have him back.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

I saw Gavin Morrison playing for Brora just the other week, but was surprised to see him in a Cowden shirt at Bonnyrigg on Saturday. Not sure how this came about, whether it was job related, was living down here, whatever. 

According to that reliable source, Wikipedia, he’s been at Cowdenbeath since January 2020.

I don’t see how he could have been eligible to play if he played for Brora recently: are you sure it was him?

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

It wasn't Gavin Morrison :lol: he did move to Cowdenbeath a while back it was a move south for work reasons so it is likely that January 2020 is right.