Ex-ICT players' news

Sneckboy

Owain Tudur Jones has announced he is retiring from football due to knee injury.

Always a gentleman whenever I met him. Loved his time at ICT and always talked highly of the club and the fans. Sad when anyone has to cut short a career because of injury but when it's someone you know it hits home what a short career a footballer can have. I wish him well in whatever he does in the future.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam Macleod requires surgery on a knee injury and will miss the rest of Strathspey Thistle's season. Seems to be the same-old-story, with injuries blighting an otherwise promising career. He was a youth player for us at every age level from U10s to U19s and was reportedly the club's leading scorer for each of those 10 seasons. (I'm happy to be corrected if that 'stat' is an urban myth!)

Its on the back of the Strathspey Herald that Adam MacLeod is waiting on an operation on his knees next Thursday.......he got injured in September!!!!  Better news for him, Strathspey are confident he will recover ok and have extended his deal for another 2 years. Seemingly they think they may have been mid-table if he hadn't been injured

Charlie Taylor has just scored his first ever senior goal for Leeds United v Wolves.

He was an impressive player - not surprised he's now become a regular at Leeds United. I know Tremarco's a capable deputy, but when Shinnie goes, he'd be a terrific replacement - but, likely now out of our wage bracket!

Billy Mckay's boss has just been sacked at Wigan.....................

Good! Maybe the new boss will perhaps include Billy in the match-day squad or even give him a first start?!

I'd like to see him get a start all right.  He has not even been on the bench lately.  Not sure it will happen though.  Wigan are not short of strikers.  Only trouble is they don't score!

Billy Mckay's boss has just been sacked at Wigan.....................

I remember Billy McKay's (now former) boss lining up against us back in division 3.

It must have been a dream, as he was at Celtic when we joined the league! :smile:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adam Rooney called up for Republic of Ireland Squad for Scotland game

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32703107

Pleased to see our former players get called up, hope he does get game time.

However same old story they never get recognised whilst at ICT, Hayes will be next, even more so Graeme Shinnie as soon as he's in a Dons shirt.