Quote function

FoolPhysio

I am using Google Chrome as my browser of choice to read the various forums I subscribe to.  

Reading the latest threads just now, there seems to be a problem with the quote function - it is taking the words across but not crediting the previous posters and not placing it in a quote box, so it looks like it is all from the poster who is responding.

Edited by FoolPhysio

I am using Google Chrome as my browser of choice to read the various forums I subscribe to.  

Reading the latest threads just now, there seems to be a problem with the quote function - it is taking the words across but not crediting the previous posters and not placing it in a quote box, so it looks like it is all from the poster who is responding.

My reply : It's not just Chrome. Seems to be a general problem today.

Automatic link generation seems to be on the fritz and info at bottom of the main forum frontpage is all to pot as well....suggesting that it's a problem with a recent update or something.

Sure Scotty will be on the case as soon as he gets a chance.

Automatic link generation seems to be on the fritz and info at bottom of the main forum frontpage is all to pot as well....suggesting that it's a problem with a recent update or something.

I see the quote issue above !!! (leaving quote in place so we know if it gets fixed)

We did some DB maintenance last night in preparation for the release of V4.0 of the software that powers the board. This involved changes to the database collation which may be the culprit. Will investigate and see if we can get this fixed or if we have to rollback to a copy of the Db taken just before the changes. 

issue reported to forum support. will advise site members of any updates.

In the meantime, if you notice anything else a bit weird on the forums today (other than the normal weirdness of some posters) please drop the details in here with as much info as possible (browser, platform - tablet, phone, pc et.,) 

test

My reply : It's not just Chrome. Seems to be a general problem today.

seems to have sorted itself out .....

not sure what the problem was with quoting but if you see any posts from Friday where it didnt work for you simply go to edit your post and then save it, this should kick the coding back into life. New posts should work again ...... 

Frontpage issue also sorted. It was a coding mistake in a block I added that didnt generate any error in the past but did when we converted the collation (not sure why). Solution was to correct the code so it was correct !

• Agree 1