Fixtures 2014-15

caleydawson

With the new fixtures coming out on Wednesday morning i wanted to know who everyone would want first game and last game before split. For me i wouldn't mind facing Celtic first just so we can get that match over with and last before the split, well it's always good to go into the split with a derby win so probably C*unty 

Due 2 home games v Celtic and County before split after our last 2 years fixture issues in top 6

As we will have County away at New Year suspect we will play them both early in the season then just before the split .

However that is the logic not something that exists in SPL!

As champions, Celtic will have a home game first up.

yup that should be correct .... Champions always seem to start with a home game ... Interesting to note that since 2004/05 when ICT were first in the SPL until last season in the SPFL only 1 team has played the champions more than once in the opening game .....

Motherwell - 2004/05 @ Celtic

Livingston - 2005/06 @ Rangers

Kilmarnock - 2006/07 & 2007/08 @ Celtic, 2010/11 @ Rangers

St Mirren - 2008/09 @ Celtic

Falkirk - 2009/10 @ Rangers

Hearts - 2011/12 @ Rangers

Aberdeen - 2012/13 @ Celtic

Ross County - 2013/14 @ Celtic

2014/15 ......... maybe Killie's turn again  :tongueincheek:

Two home games pre split against each of Celtic and County. The fixture computer has been kind to us from a financial point of view. Not so good that our first two games are against the newly promoted sides who will be fired up and full of enthusiasm for the season ahead.

• Agree 1

Disappointed to miss the opening game v. Hamilton, especially with it being one of the few venues in Scotland I've not been to yet. But Belladrum has taken priority this year...

Happy enough with those fixtures. I just need to negotiate with the missus which games I can go to now!  :blush:

Happy with the fixtures especially the fact we will have two home games vs Ross County and two vs Celtic. The January schedule does seem extreme considering last two seasons we've had 2 week breaks in January.

• Agree 1