Prediction League 2014-15

Scotty

Our SPFL Prediction League has now been configured for the 2014-15 season. Well done to Doofer's Dad for winning last year ..... The month of August is now open for predictions (5 games).

http://caleythistleonline.com/page/predictionleague.html

To take part in this you need to register. Your registration for the forum does not log you in automatically as its a separate system.

If you are one of the users who finished last season (will attach a graphic with the standings) then you are already registered but will need to join the 2014 league in your profile. If you are a newbie or returning player you will need to re-register. its a pretty straightforward process though. 

How it works

We (myself or Gringo) will add the SPFL fixtures prior to matches (usually a few weeks prior) and you simply choose the final score. Predictions need to be in before kick-off time as the system automatically closes things at that time. 

Points are awarded as follows:

• 5 Points for predicting the correct number of goals by at least one team.
  • 5 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the home team.
  • 5 Points for predicting the correct number of goals for the away team.
  • 25 Points for a correct score. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 3-1.
  • 10 Point for a correct result. You predict 1-1, the score is 2-2.
  • 0 Points for a incorrect result. i.e. you predict 3-1 and the result is 1-3.
  • +10 bonus points for the user with the highest weekly total
  • +10 bonus points for the user with the highest monthly total
  • +variable bonus points for selected games throughout season where you predict correct score (10 bonus points for each game in August, +25 for each ICT game)

The winner is the person with the most points at the end of the season. simple really. 

Postponed / TV Games

When games are re-arranged due to weather or other postponements we will try to make sure we enter the new date when announced so it remains open for prediction. For TV games, we will normally have the dates/times correct as we only enter data a few weeks in advance (after TV schedules are announced). The "My Predictions" or "My Missing Predictions" links are your friend in making sure you dont miss these when predicting. 

Prize ?

Bragging rights ... its just for fun !

Any other questions ?  ask in the topic below ......

2013/14 Final Standings

post-2-0-96552000-1406744271.png

• Agree 1

Sacked your manager Gringo ?

I'm going for top six....ousting  scotty!!!

I suffered bad luck and 'whingery time' goals. I lost 107 games....the same as Doofers Dad, and he won it!