Predicted Final Table

Kingsmills

Now that pre season is complete, how about having a go at predicting the final 'Premiership' table with a view to seeing who gets it closest come May. Personally, I see Dundee being a bit of a surprise package while we succumb further to  efforts to make us play in a style which is outdated and to which we are unsuited so my prediction is;

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Motherwell

Dundee

St Johnstone

Ross County

Partick

ICT

St Mirren

Hamilton

Kilmarnock

• Agree 1

Those are the optimistic posts wait until the others get a hold of this. Will be interested to see where the majority believe we will finish this season. I think if we sneak 6th that will be a really good result as we definitely have the ability within the squad. At present though I more feel a dogfight may be more likely unless things drastically change tactically.

• Agree 1

Celtic

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Dundee Untd

St Johnstone

Dundee

ICT

Partick

Ross County

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Hamilton

Interesting that most predictions so far show us out of the top 6 - I wonder is that down to us failing to  get another striker that has been obvious to most since the middle of last season that we desperately need

Celtic

ICT

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Those 6 teams will be clear top 6 by February. The rest will battle it out till the end to avoid relegation/ play offs and they could finish in any order.

• Agree 1

I was going to put Aberdeen above Celtic until I saw their performance against a quality side, they were annihilated by good passing. their attack is promising but their defence is woeful. Celtic, as I thought are suffering through the change of management but they should recover enough to clinch it into the new year after they start spending.

ICT will grow in confidence as the season goes on.

Celtic 

ICT

Dundee Utd.

Aberdeen

Motherwell

St. Johnstone

Dundee

Ross County

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Hamilton

Partick

To make top six we're gonna have to score more goals than we concede, which is fairly obvious.

At the moment, I am unsure where all these goals are going to come from.

I'll settle for tenth until we have genuine back up for Billy.

• Agree 1

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Motherwell

St Johnstone

Dundee

St Mirren

ICT

Killie

Patrick

Hamilton

I could see us doing so badly that, like the Ross County match, Hughes is forced to abandon his coaching style for his playing style, meaning we start rising in the table.

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Motherwell

St Johnstone

Dundee

St Mirren

ICT

Killie

Patrick

Hamilton

I could see us doing so badly that, like the Ross County match, Hughes is forced to abandon his coaching style for his playing style, meaning we start rising in the table.

Easy to overlook in the shadows but I would be inclined to let County compete too.

Edited by Kingsmills

It's maybe a saving grace that the Orcs along with both Edinburgh clubs are in the championship this coming season as it could be argued that it will be the weakest top flight scottish league ever

I honestly believe ourselves and County could be in a relegation fight from the off

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Dundee

Partick

St Mirren

Ross County

ICT

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

Hopefully both Killie and Hamilton will get relegated seeing they are cheating with their plastic pitches

Dougal

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Motherwell

St Johnstone

Dundee

St Mirren

ICT

Killie

Patrick

Hamilton

Easy to overlook in the shadows but I would be inclined to let County compete too. I was only putting in the ones that will stay up.

It's maybe a saving grace that the Orcs along with both Edinburgh clubs are in the championship this coming season as it could be argued that it will be the weakest top flight scottish league ever

I honestly believe ourselves and County could be in a relegation fight from the off

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Dundee

Partick

St Mirren

Ross County

ICT

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

Hopefully both Killie and Hamilton will get relegated seeing they are cheating with their plastic pitches

Dougal

Will we be cheating when we have one as well?

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

St Johnstone

Motherwell

Dundee

Partick

St Mirren

Ross County

ICT

Kilmarnock

Hamilton

Dougal

Will we be cheating when we have one as well?

Yes 100% cheating but hopefully this ridiculous scenario never comes to fruition

The only way I would grudgingly accept such a pitch was it to be part of a purpose built community stadium move away from our current location

Installing a plastic pitch at the dump would be the last straw for me and many more traditional Invernessian football fans you would see another 500 at least coming off our home crowds

Dougal