St Johnstone

Dundee

ICT

Partick

Ross County

Kilmarnock

St Mirren

Hamilton

Considering the way Yogi wants the team playing, and the players we have, I will be happy if we stay clear of any potential relegation places. On the other hand, if he can sort out our decisions in the final third I would be looking to 5th or 6th place.

Edited by caleyboy

Celtic

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Dundee United

St Johnstone

Dundee

St Mirren

Hamilton

Ross County

ICT

Partick Thistle

Kilmarnock

Brave.  You are the first to put the "who put the O and Y in County?" above us!

Read the first post on the thread .

Ooops.  :cry:

I don't see where all the pessimism is coming from. I went to the Fleetwood game and was impressed by the way we controlled the game - if we can do that we will create chances and score goals with Doran's and Christie's in the team. I am unimpressed by rival clubs transfer business - whereas we've retained our key players. I can see another successful year ahead - and hopefully a trophy! But I suppose you morbid souls will think I've been on the happy juice!!! :redcard:

1.Celtic

2.Aberdeen

3. St.Johnstone

4.ICT

5.Dundee United

6.Motherwell

7. Dundee

8.Kilmarnock

9. St Mirren

10. Ross C**nty

11. Partick Thistle

12. Hamilton

• Agree 2

• 6 months later...

Bump!

Well, this is embarrassing!

I'm sure I'm not the only one that totally underestimated Hamilton. I also had County as having a comfortable season. Plenty can happen yet, but it's always interesting to look back at your predictions! but, happily, I'd forgotten I had us for a top-six finish, but I didn't see the demise of Motherwell.

Scrolling down, I think most folk would have been stunned at 'well not being top 6, let alone in a relegation battle!

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

A quick look at this and it seems that everybody (except one*) got five of the top-six correct. Motherwell being the team to 'let down' most predictions.

*That one person was CELTIC1CALEY3, who accurately predicted all 6 clubs!

Will re-visit this at the end of the season and see who was most accurate for the whole final table, in terms of clubs' finishing positions.

• 1 month later...

Not only has AJS 'penned' a song for ICT's final - he's only gone and won the prediction competition!!!

He had the most correct 'finishing positions' from the pre-season predictions, with 6! A few others got 5, but nobody beat AJS!

1. Celtic

2. Aberdeen

6. Dundee

8. Partick Thistle

9. Ross County

10. Kilmarnock

• Agree 2

However, on a 'most overall accurate' system, the winner would be lukemackay. (despite having only 2 correct!)

This, despite being the only person not to have Celtic winning the league!!!

This system is quite simple - the fewer points accumulated, the better. e.g.  ICT finished 3rd. If you predicted they'd finish 5th, you'd accumulate 2 points.

lukemackay's pre-season forecast:

ICT
Celtic
Aberdeen
Dundee utd
Motherwell
St Johnstone
Dundee
Partick
Hamilton
County
Killie
St Mirren

Statto?! Aye, he made my coffee! :lol: That was a wonderful program - un-miss-able! (no catch-up TV or YouTube then!)

Skinner & Baddiel... and Statto!!!

Fantasy Football League!

Phoenix from the flames....legendary!

Edited by Sneckboy
  • Agree 1

Statto?! Aye, he made my coffee! :lol: That was a wonderful program - un-miss-able! (no catch-up TV or YouTube then!)

Skinner & Baddiel... and Statto!!!

Fantasy Football League!

Phoenix from the flames....legendary!

A few times I've searched in vain for the sketch with one of them dressed up as Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma with the words that went something like

"We hoped so much that Italy had learned a lot from Germany.

We thought they'd play like Klinsmann, Sammer -

Instead they played like Kuntz."