Caley v Hibs - Smileymometer

hislopsoffsideagain

A smiley count for today (out of 5):

FRASER  :003: :003: :003: Dealt with crosses well, otherwise had nothing to do.  The closest you'll get to being paid for nothing without being an MSP.

TOKELY  :003: :003: :003: :003: Is he coming back to form at last?  Some great drives forward and finally looks like he has some stamina back.  Assist for McBain's goal I think.

DODS  :003: :003: :003: :003: Ref wasn't happy with his grappling, but was his usual self on high balls and managed Hibs' pacy forwards well.

MUNRO :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Outstanding.  Again.  It seems to be a recurring theme this season.  If only we ever scored from his long throws...

HASTINGS  :003: :003: :003: :003: Remains the only SPL left back to be able to deal with Sproule.  Continues to be consistently solid, though he did look vulnerable in the first 15 minutes.

WILSON :003: :003: :003: :003: Wonderful, wonderful goal.  Gives us a real threat with his constant wandering, though I wish Rossco was left less exposed.

DUNCAN  :003: :003: :003: :003: Still unable to pass the ball, but protects the defence much better than most of the crowd notices.  Good to see the crowd's evation for him when he was subbed.

MCBAIN  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Not convinced he meant to chip the goalie, but he won't care.  All action, all running, harassed Hibs midfielders constantly and looked like he could run for another 90 minutes if we asked him to.

RANKIN  :003: :003: :003: Didn't look like adding to his recent goals, but worked extremely hard and is the best passer of the ball we've got.

WYNESS  :003: :003: :003: I guess he gets the assist for Dargo's goal!  Held the ball up well, still seems shot-shy though he had a goalbound volley brilliantly blocked in the second half.

DARGO  :003: :003: :003: :003: :003: Gutted he's injured, he looked really up for this and was an absolute menace with his movement and touches.  We'll miss him against Celtic.

Subs: Black, Bayne and Paatelainen - not really enough time to make an impact, though Black deserves a couple of smileys for not getting booked.

Any disagreements?

One or two of Fraser's early kickouts looked weak, but he picked up on that.

Hastings was worth 5.

Wilson had some quiet spells before he scored.

Agree about Duncan, he put a few passes awry, but moved froward a bit more than we are used to seeing.

Rankin and Hastings are working well together and he was worth more than 3.

Wyness was shot shy and seemed to get pushed off the ball too easily. There were genuine penalty opportunities going begging if he hd carried on his solo runs. Best trapper of the ball since Robson.

Crect about Dargo, saw some brilliant flourishes right in front of the stand. Sad, sad loss.

Hibs were pretty good to watch in midfield, as always, just grand that none of the other bits work!

I agree with HOA.... Munro & McBain & Rossco were superb today.... was also pleased to see Put~a~line~on getting some good touches when he came on....

The future is very bright.... another performance like that next Sunday certainly won't do us any harm..... Great Stuff...!!  :022:

which ones ken, or can I call you car?

For me Tokely was the man, back to his superman status in the first half, absolutely superb.

I also thought Wyness was brilliant, seldom wasted a ball and linked well from a slightly deeper role.

Dargo much better as well, made some great off the ball runs, tormenting the defenders all night.

And special mention for Mike, it's not his fault Hibs were p!sh, he did what he had to do comfortably and caught a couple of awkward bouncers with safehandsmarkbrown.............good to see the defence protecting the young keeper.