Mckay to Fleetwood/Frankfurt/Fraserburgh?

Rival

Doing a very basic search it seems the record transfer fee paid by Fleetwood for a player was 'undisclosed' but rumoured to be in the region of £300K. That was last year when they met the buy out clause figure for Jamille Matt from Kidderminster Harriers. He replaced Jamie Vardy who had been sold to Leicester for upwards of £1m 

Sounds like they may have some dosh but realistically, Billy has got to be worth more than that and I have no idea if they can meet the figures we (the supporters) will bandy around .... whether they would meet the club valuation is another question as we don't know what the club valuation is ... but hopefully Fleetwood come out soon and say Billy was too expensive !!!

I seen that Sheffield Wednesday have made a £700K bid up front for Stevie May and St Johnstone are still looking for a bit more. Would it be accurate to say Billy Mckay is worth the same as Stevie May or bit more?

• Agree 1

We'd be lucky to get half of what May is going for. We are still perceived as a wee team and as a result our players are undervalued. Look at Robertson going to Hull for near £3m... I think we'd deal on Shinnie for 10% of that, even though Shinnie isn't '10% the player Robertson is'.

• Agree 2

IMO, I think there was a point in time when we would have received some interesting money for Billy but until he starts scoring regularlyagain that time has gone.

This.

People seem to still regard Billy Mckay as a goal machine that everyone wants. We would be lucky to get a fee like 300k and nowhere near as much May is worth.

I seen that Sheffield Wednesday have made a £700K bid up front for Stevie May and St Johnstone are still looking for a bit more. Would it be accurate to say Billy Mckay is worth the same as Stevie May or bit more?

Difference is May is around 5 years younger than Billy and is putting in better performances, so no £450k at most i would say 

Unfortunately, the window for getting serious money for Billy has gone: he's stopped scoring for several reasons and he's in the last year of his contract. This is, however, the worst time to lose somebody of his calibre - no time to replace with quality. So, we need to hold out for big bucks. Better to lose him for free next year and be able to plan than go a full season with no striker!

• Agree 1

To be honest, if he was to go I could see us getting a pretty good loanee. Given that we send our players down the Scottish leagues, it's likely that English Championship and Premier League clubs will look to loan their young talent to an SPL team. We've seen this happen.

I don't know, sometimes a young loanee striker wanting to prove their metal will fair better than a comfortable Billy Mckay with no competition. Really we could do with keeping him and getting a loanee. 

Sounds like an offer has been made by Fleetwood, so this is a reality. This is too late in the window to be taken seriously and I wonder whether Billy would see a move there as a step up? I thought they were a pretty poor team a couple of weeks ago - athletic and powerful, but poor.

from our perspective, I don't think Billy suits our new style, so he'll not be scoring 25+ goals this sseason BUT this is so late in the window, we'll not get a decent replacement (loanee or purchase), which means we'll be going with an untried (but promising under 20). For that reason alone - don't sell!

Sounds like an offer has been made by Fleetwood, so this is a reality. This is too late in the window to be taken seriously and I wonder whether Billy would see a move there as a step up? I thought they were a pretty poor team a couple of weeks ago - athletic and powerful, but poor.

from our perspective, I don't think Billy suits our new style, so he'll not be scoring 25+ goals this sseason BUT this is so late in the window, we'll not get a decent replacement (loanee or purchase), which means we'll be going with an untried (but promising under 20). For that reason alone - don't sell!

There is almost another month of the transfer window left , deals are done up until the last minute on the 31st so I don't see how this is to late

• Agree 1

Goalscorers are notoriously hard to find on our kind of budget, look how many duds County have been through in the last couple of seasons.

It would be madness to sell our only credible striker on the eve of the start of the season, and we shouldn't be surprised if we end up in a relegation scrap as a result. 

Considering he is in the last year of his contract I would accept a decent bid (anything over £250k)and replace him with a loan striker with some experience. There must be someone out there who is looking to kick on at a reasonable level of first team football.

Edited by caleyboy

As he's in the last year of his contract i'd be amazed if they offered £300,000.  Try half that and the board will be seriously considering it.  Its worrying if he did leave but there appears to be lots of worrying things surrounding the team right now.

As he's in the last year of his contract i'd be amazed if they offered £300,000.  Try half that and the board will be seriously considering it.  Its worrying if he did leave but there appears to be lots of worrying things surrounding the team right now.

I tend to agree with that valuation, and i think the board might be tempted by it if he is in the last year of his contract, 

Kenny Cameron has stated that he will only be sold for an exceptional offer and it is business as usual. If the usual business is not scoring too often with new style of play etc, I say sell him. He is likely to be off next season for free anyway..

• Agree 1