Mckay to Fleetwood/Frankfurt/Fraserburgh?

Rival

And a poll from earlier this year

97.5% of 'us' opted for a minimum value of £500,000.

Point to make that was when he was still scoring for fun and not just scoring every few games plus then his contract still had a year and a half left now it is less than a year, so his valuation should go down quite a bit.

• Agree 1

http://sport.stv.tv/football/285427-inverness-ct-turn-down-approach-for-leading-striker-billy-mckay/

Kenny basically saying that our policy remains unchanged.  Note though that he doesn't go as far as to say Billy will be staying with us - is he leaving the door open for an improved offer, or am I overanalysing his choice of words?

No, I don't think so.  The situation is the same as it was before.  I really do not think anyone will be going unless the offer is too good.  And that I just cannot see happening.

I've been of the opinion that we do need to bring in another forward but I think keeping all the players we have is a better way to go.  And it does look like this will be the case.  For now at least.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/285427-inverness-ct-turn-down-approach-for-leading-striker-billy-mckay/

Kenny basically saying that our policy remains unchanged.  Note though that he doesn't go as far as to say Billy will be staying with us - is he leaving the door open for an improved offer, or am I overanalysing his choice of words?

What I am interested to know is how much Fleetwood put on the table and what counts as a 'truly exceptional offer'.

Sounds like an offer has been made by Fleetwood, so this is a reality. This is too late in the window to be taken seriously and I wonder whether Billy would see a move there as a step up? I thought they were a pretty poor team a couple of weeks ago - athletic and powerful, but poor.

from our perspective, I don't think Billy suits our new style, so he'll not be scoring 25+ goals this sseason BUT this is so late in the window, we'll not get a decent replacement (loanee or purchase), which means we'll be going with an untried (but promising under 20). For that reason alone - don't sell!

There is almost another month of the transfer window left , deals are done up until the last minute on the 31st so I don't see how this is to late

What I meant was, it is too late for us to find a decent replacement, not that there isn't time for the deal to be done. We don't want to be scrabbling around for the scraps that are left by everybody else to fill a crucial position....especially if we were to get <£100k for him, for example!

Where did the £65K figure come from ? have read a few articles and not one of them mentioned a number .....

@AgentScotland: Fleetwood Town have bid £65k for ICT striker Billy McKay, disgusting bid to be honest, hope ICT refuse to do business with then after that.

In this BBC article, JH gives his view on the McKay situation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28692889

Interesting to see where he's setting his sights for this season "staying up...anything else is a bonus". Maybe a sensible statement in the public domain, but I hope he's more positive than that in the dressing room!

OFFER HAS BEEN REJECTED 

Initial offers almost invariably are. Doesn't mean that the deal is dead by any means.

Just saying that the offer was rejected. If £65k was the offer - but i highly i doubt it was cause not many teams are stupid enough to put in an offer like that - then i feel it won't be long before teams actually put in real offers once they know other teams are interested like i domino effect, one team puts in a bid other interested teams will put in a bid. So i would expect over the next 25 days we could expect a few more bids for him.

I agree 65k is scandalous if that was the correct figure offered

Realistically though we will have to accept a reduced fee one of these days though otherwise he will eventually have to go for nothing while out of contract

Billy McKay realises for him to become a starter on the international scene he's going to have to take the step up to a superior league and he now sees his future lying elsewhere

Think Yogi's reluctance to find him a strike partner speaks volumes

Dougal

I very much doubt that JH is deliberately not trying to find Billy a proper partner, Dougall.,

There is no logic in that --it's like cutting your nose off to spite your face. If Billy does not up the ante and score more goals soon then his value will dip, I think, but right now Fleetwood's offer is very speculative and obviously what they consider only to be an opening bid, nothing else.

However, it is rather stupid and insulting and, for Mr. Cameron, I would warrant he is not enraptured by what effectively is a rather pathetic opening bid and must have depressed his evaluation of Fleetwood as a really professional outfit.

They are, after all, only a 3rd division outfit, basic nobodies actually.

Ryan Christie is just one option to support Billy. If more Inverness people supported the club we might be in a better position to find a new striker to join the club. Billy and Ryan and the other options we have actually give us a strong starting position. Let us be very positive going to Hamilton.

• Agree 2

It's a hard sell to make. "Come and sign for ICT but realistically you won't play much unless Mckay gets injured or suspended!" Not many folk would be up for that.

Or Yogi could adjust his tactics a little bit to accommodate a second striker while keeping his ball retention philosophy. Old school 4-4-2 or even Louis Van Gaal's Netherlands tactic at the recent world cup 3-5-2

However I can understand where Yogi is coming from when you buy a player in they have be a first team starter. Just look at Jason Oswell, Sam Winnall and latest Toby Agdestein.