Hughes comments

Doofer

Fact is the way we played means that Hughes doesn't need to say a single word, journo's would still probably ask question about our style of play which i get why he wouldn't want the same questions being asked over and over again about how he likes to play football.

I would suggest part of the hullabaloo is the lack of ammunition Yogi gave his critics,on here, to use against him!

They will just have to to keep their little fingers poised until the next game but if we win again ....?

:yawn01:

post of the thread 12th Man      :lol:  should relieve Renegade's boredom.

Eh?  I'm on Hughes's side on this thread.  I also attended the game on Saturday and was delighted with what I saw.  Just because one has been critical in the past of certain issues, does not mean I don't support the team or I want Hughes to fail, contrary to the sweeping generalisation some of the happy clappers/superfans like to think.

Edited by Renegade

It does beggar belief when a pre-match article for the second game of the season begins (and headlines) on our manager being the bookies third favourite to lose his job first this season... 

Wouldn't blame him if he told the lot of them to shove it. 

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/inverness-v-dundee-hughes-not-worried-over-future-1-3507617

Despite what a few 'happy clappers' seem to think, I  doubt there is a single genuine fan who would take any pleasure at all in the team failing.

I accept your point but the big problem is many would appear to take pleasure if the manager failed and this can only happen if the team results are poor.

Chicken and egg I'm afraid, if the manager fails the team fails.

Wanderer's point re the Scotsman article on Yogi's future makes me wonder if the 'feel' by the reporters, in some measure, could be from offerings on this forum.

I have not been aware of any concern by Team ICT regarding the managers inability to provide for them a realistic return.

I have been aware that there is concern on this forum that he cannot provide a realistic return.

His players seem settled and he seems settled at ICT.

The press must be reading into something before writing an article like that.

The press must be reading this. The players all seem happy with the way we play, Hughes is happy with the way we play, we have a near perfect pre-season and a good win that could have been a lot more. It's obvious the press are scared that a "wee team" in their words has another fantastic season so they are trying to unsettle the team by putting him one of the favorites to get sacked, questioning the way he plays.

Fact is players are happy, Hughes is happy, we are playing really good football and creating a lot of chances, we are winning so really who cares what the press say they have underestimated us so often and for all i care they can keep doing it but we are just gonna keep making upsets :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  

• Agree 1

I wouldn't get too upset at that article. They're not exactly saying 'we at The Scotsman' think that Hughes' job is under pressure - they're simply stating the fact that he's 3rd favourite for the sack, according to the Bookies latest odds.

For the record, at this moment, the odds for the next manager to go are: (from safest to shoogliest peg)...

• Tommy Wright
  • Stuart McCall, Alex Neil and Derek Adams
  • Derek McInnes and Paul Hartley
  • Jackie McNamara
  • Alan Archibald
  • Ronny Delia and John Hughes
  • Tommy Craig and Alan Johnston

post of the thread 12th Man      :lol:  should relieve Renegade's boredom.

Eh?  I'm on Hughes's side on this thread.  I also attended the game on Saturday and was delighted with what I saw.  Just because one has been critical in the past of certain issues, does not mean I don't support the team or I want Hughes to fail, contrary to the sweeping generalisation some of the happy clappers/superfans like to think.

I was just referring to your yawn Renegade but I'm glad to hear you are leaning towards becoming a Yogiite...........much less depressing than being a negative Nancy don't you think.