Buses

dunco

Can anyone tell me where do buses to the home games. I have been in the fairways bus a couple of times but they only run when the likes of Celtic in town. I know the Caley club put on a bus and you can also get one at the station. Would love dows or fairways to do a bus as that's my neck of the woods

From the last time I made some enquiries, the club were considering running busses if the numbers added up, the only trouble is that the revenue from new fans would subsidise the bus so nothing would be gained. (Q&As)

A family of 4 getting on the bus would cost too much if it is privately run and would be just as cheap to take the car.

From making enquiries, I believe public transport is subsidised by the council at around 70% and I would rather the bus was publicly funded, they seem quite happy to run empty buses all day round the town why not run some that would be packed.

I like the idea of youngsters, families or pensioners jumping on a bus locally and going straight to the match and home again.

If its publicly funded  a 7 day bus ticket could be used to take you to matches for free, kids would be free and  pensioners would be free.

It certainly reduces the carbon footprint.

Its not an overnight thing though, as notice has to be given, it may have been 1-2 months notice to seek permission to add a new public bus route and also the same notice to cancel it. Would have to trawl through old emails to find the exact time scale.

I also made a suggestion a good while ago to a local bus company that it could ease city centre congestion  by alternating bus routes from the Culloden, Moray and beyond etc, by entering the city via Longman road. Not only would this have opened up access from the East to the stadium by getting off at the Clydesdale bank and back on at MFM for matches but would have also open up access to the industrial estate,  which would have meant easy access to B&Q, Halfords, Tisos a multitude of Garages and any other business you care to mention in the area.

The bus company wasn't interested, they would rather stick to the same routes ( Millburn Road ) as its far easier to keep to a time table when your bus is empty and you don't have any passengers to pick up and drop off.

Even bus drivers could get a bus direct to their work with a change of route and anyone who works down the longman !

Back to Duncos question no I don't know of any.

As far as the bus company is concerned you could get a bus in to town then get a multitude of busses that are available that go over the Kessock bridge and get off at Moray Firth Maltings/ Clydesdale bank and walk.

I also made the suggestion of  using the huge laybys on the A9 as a bus stop but that is covered by Transport Scotland.

• Agree 1

I was in Dows this evening and bought tickets for the bus to the game on Saturday. Pay in advance at the bar. £3.50p per person. Bus will leave from Dows one hour before kick-off for each home game, returning to Dows after the final whistle. This season the bus will go direct to the Stadium, not calling at the Heathmount as in

previous seasons. I hope this is helpful Dunco and 12th Man.