Inverness CT -V- Dundee

Scotty

The booing was at the referee Lawrence not at the players...

Well I am not so sure but if you say so, of course I BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE, MY PERCEPTION WAS THE  REF HAD A VERY GOO

No need to shout or the sarcasm, Jiust saying it as I say it. The only booing I heard in the North stand was directed towards the referee. One occasion was when Doran (I think) was clean through on goal and the referee stopped play to book a Dundee player instead of playing advantage. I did not hear any booing personally towards the players.

Edited by old caley girl

Well I am not so sure but if you say so, of course I BOW TO YOUR SUPERIOR KNOWLEDGE, MY PERCEPTION WAS THE  REF HAD A VERY GOO

No need to shout or the sarcasm, Jiust saying it as I say it. The only booing I heard in the North stand was directed towards the referee. One occasion was when Doran (I think) was clean through on goal and the referee stopped play to book a Dundee player instead of playing advantage. I did not hear any booing personally towards the players.

I have to agree with OCG the booing was aimed towards the ref because of us being through in on goal and the ref stopping the play to book a player which is not the correct way of doing things because we were in a goal scoring opportunity. I don't think we booed any players directly it was more of booing the ref and the style of our play at one point but that's about it bud. 

I have to agree with OCG the booing was aimed towards the ref because of us being through in on goal and the ref stopping the play to book a player which is not the correct way of doing things because we were in a goal scoring opportunity. I don't think we booed any players directly it was more of booing the ref and the style of our play at one point but that's about it bud. 

Alan Preston on OAM was aghast at that decision 

• Agree 2

Regarding booing I took it not to be aimed at the players or the ref other than the instance mentioned above, I agree that the Ref should have played the advantage. ( It would be nice if the law was in line with Rugby Union ) . I think the booing I certainly heard was discontent with the tactics , not the players. The players where just following orders.  As I was half asleep with boredom at the time maybe I got a totally wrong impression.

I have seen great teams in the past , for example I was at Old Trafford when Cantona was playing I saw short passing employed. The difference was a through ball to Giggs and a run down the wing a centre to Canona and the ball in th back of the net all in a flash.

Short passing has to be connected to a lightning break or there is no point in doing it

Another time on the box this time Italy playing England , Italy passing short , but then Costacurta the Italian Centre Half suddenly hit the ball the length of the pitch and Zola rammed it into the net

When I was in France I watch immaculate short passing from Lens ( In their championship season) but the Lens defensive back four could hit long balls to the winger and set up great attacks.

Even our own ICT towards the  end of last season, I forget the match when our left fullback sent the ball right across the ground to our right wing the centre came over and Christie scored  again in a flash. The credit for the goal went to the scorer but it was made by the back disobeying orders. 

ZOLA goal for Italian speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcDEOYWu80E

Cantona scores

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j8S7S4xoH0

Edited by Laurence

I am reliably informed that the booing could have been directed at any one of the three worst posters of all time who were encamped in the Main Stand.

You don't normally sit in the main stand!

I am really pleased for our new manager at today's results.

Shows that  once the players listen to him and try to work the system as a team then the sky's  the limit.

Yogi works hard, I think, and his heart is in the right place and  we should wish him all success.

He certainlty has paid his dues to football !