Ryan Christie

CaleyThistle

I would grab it only if there is a resale clause etc there as well.  If Christie has a good season and continues to develop Celtic will have a very valuable asset on their hands.  Celtic of course are taking a risk that Christie does not develop much further or gets injured but then that is reflected in the price.  If a deal was for Christie to go now, then we should be looking at a 7 figure sum.  In very simplistic terms, we would, in effect be paying half a million for his services this season if this deal goes through.  He is good but he's not that good and we need to have a guarantee of benefit from his future career to compensate for his knockdown price.

• Agree 1

Given that Hughes has been pretty much whoring Christie out recently and making it very clear what kind of bid we'd prefer to receive I suspect that if an offer along those lines (money plus loan back) we'll grab it.

`Whoring` ?  Thon Leith upbringing then !:amazed:

A family friend of the Chrisite,s told me he is here to the end of the season, then of to Celtic. Maybe back on loan depending on how they are doing.

Not much of a friend of the family if he or she is breaking confidences.

That went well for you bud looks like that family friend doesn't know much 

A family friend of the Chrisite,s told me he is here to the end of the season, then of to Celtic. Maybe back on loan depending on how they are doing.

Not much of a friend of the family if he or she is breaking confidences.

Looks like they were right enuff , what do you think???????

• Yngwie locked this topic