Selkirk  v  Bo'ness United

Whitehill Welfare  v  Girvan

Culter  v  Strathspey Thistle

Huntly  v  Wick Academy

Gretna 2008  v  Gala Fairydean Rovers

Deveronvale  v  Nairn County

Edited by Sneckboy

Initial observations.

Decent draw for Pele's Formartine, away to a currently poor Keith side.

Quite a number of all-North games came-out there - including two of the Highland League's weaker sides (Rothes and Strathspey) going up against the two big Aberdeen Junior clubs (Banks O' Dee and Culter).

Clach have an interesting game against either Edinburgh University or Scottish Junior Cup winners, Hurlford United.

Such is the strength of Auchinleck that I'd have Buckie as underdogs going down there. I'm sure they lost to Talbot recently.

Lots of intriguing ties but the stand-out for me is Fraserburgh v Linlithgow Rose. That's a tie that could be anything from 5-2, 3-3 or 1-4! not a game I'll be putting a correct score bet on!

Some decent ties there.  Ties between the HL and the LL will be interesting given the fact there is a League Two playoff up for grabs this season.  I would say so far the Highland League is looking more likely to come out on top.

Absolutely gutted it's on the same day as Partick away,  I would quite liked to have had a wee trip to one of the smaller grounds for their big occasion.

Some decent ties there.  Ties between the HL and the LL will be interesting given the fact there is a League Two playoff up for grabs this season.  I would say so far the Highland League is looking more likely to come out on top.

Absolutely gutted it's on the same day as Partick away,  I would quite liked to have had a wee trip to one of the smaller grounds for their big occasion.

It's early days, but the way Brora have started, they could well be unstoppable! So much so, that they're 2-3 defeat tonight to East Fife is something of a surprise. I had a quick look at the Fifer's Fans Forum (there is one!) and there's a few comments about them 'not seeing that coming' and 'best result in years'!

An interesting, almost unbelievable, statistic I picked up from that forum - and I've checked it's accuracy, is that East Fife, in their 111 year history, have never been beaten in any competition by a non-league side! On paper, that was under serious threat tonight and was looking likely when Zander Sutherland put Brora 2-1 up - but they edged home in the end!

Lossiemouth  v  Turriff United...............................Turriff

Clachnacuddin  v  Edinburgh Uni / Hurlford............Clach

Golspie Sutherland  v  Dalbeattie Star..................Dalbeattie

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale  v  East Kilbride....Hutchie Vale

Preston Athletic  v  Threave Rovers.....................Threave

Forres Mechanics  v  Civil Service Strollers..........Forres

Edinburgh City  v  Coldstream............................Edinburgh

Auchinleck Talbot  v  Buckie Thistle...................Auchinleck

Rothes  v  Banks O' Dee...................................Banks o' Dee

Cove Rangers  v  Hawick / Newton Stewart FC....Cove

Fraserburgh  v  Linlithgow Rose..........................The Rose

Keith  v  Formartine United.................................Formartine

Selkirk  v  Bo'ness United...................................BU's

Whitehill Welfare  v  Girvan.................................Whitehill

Culter  v  Strathspey Thistle...............................Culter

Huntly  v  Wick Academy..................................Huntly

Gretna 2008  v  Gala Fairydean Rovers...............Gala

Deveronvale  v  Nairn County..............................Nairn

My predictions.

Revised draw after replay wins for Hurlford and Hawick at the weekend. Hurlford's win ensures that the Scottish Junior Cup holders (from any season) visit Inverness for the first time.

Hawick's win over Newton Stewart means that all South of Scotland League teams have fallen at the first hurdle. It really is an incredibly weak league and for me, sits 'below' the East of Scotland 1st Divison.

Games due on 13 September:

Lossiemouth  v  Turriff United

Clachnacuddin  v  Hurlford United

Golspie Sutherland  v  Dalbeattie Star

Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale  v  East Kilbride

Preston Athletic  v  Threave Rovers

Forres Mechanics  v  Civil Service Strollers

Edinburgh City  v  Coldstream

Auchinleck Talbot  v  Buckie Thistle

Rothes  v  Banks O' Dee

Cove Rangers  v  Hawick Royal Albert

Fraserburgh  v  Linlithgow Rose

Keith  v  Formartine United

Selkirk  v  Bo'ness United

Whitehill Welfare  v  Girvan

Culter  v  Strathspey Thistle

Huntly  v  Wick Academy

Gretna 2008  v  Gala Fairydean Rovers

Deveronvale  v  Nairn County

Revised draw after replay wins for Hurlford and Hawick at the weekend. Hurlford's win ensures that the Scottish Junior Cup holders (from any season) visit Inverness for the first time.

Hawick's win over Newton Stewart means that all South of Scotland League teams have fallen at the first hurdle. It really is an incredibly weak league and for me, sits 'below' the East of Scotland 1st Divison.

Many moons ago, went down to Annan to see Whitehill crush St Cuthberts Wanderers 5-0 in the Final of the South Q-Cup.

That was back when the four semi-finalists went into the Cup proper and Saints had already been drawn to play Cownty at Dingwall.

Bobby Wilson was there spying on them and at the end I said to him 'you'll only need 9 men against that lot!'

He just laughed but apparently he had to big them up in case his players went on the lash on the Friday night.

I think it was 11-0 after being 9-0 at half time.

Cownty then went on to beat Forfar 4-0 away which probably went a long way towards getting them into the League, then lost 2-0 at Alloa, which I'm sure I popped along to in midweek.

As for Whitehill, they got a 3-3 draw at Stranraer after being 3-1 up with 10 mins to play, before losing the replay 4-0, but playing over an hour with 10 men.

Not terribly chuffed this year as the 2nd round clashes with the Highland Derby

Oh, that's a pity. I hadn't looked that far ahead yet. I like these early Cup games and will be tempted to go to Clach v Hurlford.

But, regardless of what the 2nd round draw produces, I have to go to the Highland derby!

I see Inverness City have been drawn away to Bonnyrigg Rose in the first round of the Scottish Junior Cup.

The Rose are my local junior side, 1 mile away while Whitehill are my local seniors, 1 mile in the other direction.......

• Agree 1

I see Inverness City have been drawn away to Bonnyrigg Rose in the first round of the Scottish Junior Cup.

The Rose are my local junior side, 1 mile away while Whitehill are my local seniors, 1 mile in the other direction.......

Hissy plays for them now too.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you kept your money in your pocket.

Highland league clubs to a hell of a battering today, Clach losing 7-1 and Buckie losing 5-0.

Ended up choosing Hurlford, thought the odds were still pretty decent for them.

Auchinleck

Hurlford

Formartine Utd

Wick

Bo'ness

Sadly it was Wick that let me down even though they were 1-0 up.

No real surprises today.  All Junior sides done well with Culter and Banks O'dee proving they are more than capable of playing in the HL.  I'm calling for them to open up the trap door in the HL and let in the North Juniors.

• Agree 1

Highland league clubs to a hell of a battering today, Clach losing 7-1 and Buckie losing 5-0.

Auchinleck

Hurlford

Formartine Utd

Wick

Bo'ness

No real surprises today.  All Junior sides done well with Culter and Banks O'dee proving they are more than capable of playing in the HL.  I'm calling for them to open up the trap door in the HL and let in the North Juniors.

Where did you get the scores? BBC website is useless and LL site only has relevant clubs.

Auchinleck

Hurlford

Formartine Utd

Wick

Bo'ness

Where did you get the scores? BBC website is useless and LL site only has relevant clubs.

Ive got an app for my phone with latest scores.  They are also posted on the Junior website as follows....

Fraserburgh 0-0 Linthgow Rose

Selkirk 0-4 Bo'ness United

Auchinleck Talbot 5-0 Buckie Thistle

Whitehill Welfare 3-1 Girvan

Clachnacuddin 1-7 Hurlford united

Culter 4-2 Strathspey Thistle

Rothes 0-4 Banks o' Dee

What app is it? I had the BBC one but it was no better than the website and slower to load.

Most weeks in the LL the updates are good but this is a special weekend for the wee clubs.

Right at this moment (7.28 pm) the BBC website does not have a single scottish cup result, just a list of kickoff times.

Auchinleck Talbot 5-0 Buckie Thistle
Clachnacuddin 1-7 Hurlford United
Cove Rangers 9-0 Hawick Royal Albert
Culter 4-2 Strathspey Thistle
Deveronvale 0-1 Nairn County
Edinburgh City 2-1 Coldstream
Forres Mechanics 4-1 Civil Service Strollers
Fraserburgh 0-0 Linlithgow Rose
Golspie Sutherland 1-4 Dalbeattie Star
Gretna 2008 2-1 Gala Fairydean
Huntly 2-1 Wick Academy
Keith 1-3 Formartine United