Celtic prematch thread

PerfICT

Two lessons from the Celtic v DUFC match: defend set-pieces well and don't get caught in possession the last third :ohmy:: that accounted for 5/6 of the 'tic goals! We're giving away surpirisingly few free kicks just now and I'd like to think we'd defend set-pieces well.....the second one is my worry! We've got them at a good time, so let's get about 'em!

Yeah. Agree. This is simply an inconvenient fixture for Celtic ahead of their huge game with NK Maribor - that's worth £millions to them. Celtic will be trying to get through this fixture injury-free. To be honest, this game is irrelevant to them in their season, as the league's no-contest.

I always look at a point against Celtic as a one gained! 1-1 would be lovely!

A win would be awesome, beautiful and incredibly satisfying - and it would put us onto 10 points early in the season - a solid base to go on with. Anything from tomorrow must be seen as a bonus.

Team thoughts? Ironically, given the stick I've given him this year, I would consider Vincent instead of Christie in centre of midfield for this, with Ryan coming on for impact. However, assuming Vincent is not 100%, exactly the same format as last week for me. Doran, Ross and Polworth up the sleeve, depending on score at 60 min.

My team would be:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Doran Draper Tansey Watkins

Ross

Mckay

That team looks fine - but can Williams and Christie be dropped? Got to say, small squad we may have - until suspensions and injuries, we've got good options.

My team would be:

Brill

Raven Warren Meekings Shinnie

Doran Draper Tansey Watkins

Ross

Mckay

That team looks fine - but can Williams and Christie be dropped? Got to say, small squad we may have - until suspensions and injuries, we've got good options.

I don't believe Celtic will play a 'weakend' side for a second. Granted they may rest one or two.

I think we need to play our strongest/experienced side tomorrow. I think Williams and Christie would be good impact subs.

Brill 

Raven Warren Meekings

Watkins---------Tansey---------Shinnie

Draper------------------Ross

Christie

Mckay

Subs - Esson, Tremarco, Doran, Polworth, Williams, Devine*, Vincent*

* If Vincent is out bring Horner onto the bench, if Devine is out as well, bring Ferguson onto it.

Williams deserves a start, so does Christie. If Vincent was 100% I'd prefer him to Christie to start in centre mid because he might give more solidity for this game, but I don't think he's been properly fit for ages. Celtic will rest a few (hopefully Commons); I think Griffiths will start, so hardly a soft touch! Strong defence again tomorrow and we're in with a shout. Any points against Celtic a bonus...

No point in hanging hopes on a 'weakened' Celtic side this weekend imo - any fringe players given a chance will want to prove a point to Deila so they'll be dangerous. My hopes hang on ourselves playing to the potential shown already and a good solid performance from the back four - I think we can take them on merit this weekend no matter who they put up against us.

• Agree 1

If we take a point from this fixture I will be delighted as a not full strength Celtic Team should be able to beat us . It's only a few seasons ago Rangers were in Inverness with an under-strength team and if I remember we got thumped 4-1.

So we have to be at our best and just maybe we can snatch a win