Inverness CT -V- Celtic

gordieict

508 minutes without conceding a goal according to Sportsound ...... 

They've been reading this forum! As Sneckboy said last Saturday:

"It'll be very difficult to keep Celtic quiet for a full 90 mins next week - but if we can....we'll be close to our all-time shut-out record!

Let's say we do keep a 'clean sheet' on Saturday - that will be our current 418 + 90 = 508 minutes. Tantalisingly close to our record of 513!

That was set back in 2006."

• Agree 1

What a result and another clean sheet, still a worrying  thing for me is the number of shots on target 10 attempts only 2 on target  / Celtic 13 attempts 6 on target  so we need to improve in that area the possession was good at 47%over the game in the first 20 mins.  Caley had 73% possession

Well done Lads and think we have to admit a victory for Hughes possession game :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :ictscarf:  :crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:

No need fer the Smileymometer today - FIVE Smileys awarded to Watkins, Draper and Brill wit Watkins MOM - four to all others concerned. Four clean sheets an 10 points out of 12 a testament to a certain John "Yogi" Hughes who must have changed the system at least 4-5 times during the game. Some may have appeared dodgy but they worked.

• Agree 3

508 minutes without conceding a goal according to Sportsound ...... 

They've been reading this forum! As Sneckboy said last Saturday:

"It'll be very difficult to keep Celtic quiet for a full 90 mins next week - but if we can....we'll be close to our all-time shut-out record!

Let's say we do keep a 'clean sheet' on Saturday - that will be our current 418 + 90 = 508 minutes. Tantalisingly close to our record of 513!

That was set back in 2006."

Yup, Sneckboy does pull out some very interesting stats most weeks ....  :smile:

• Agree 1

Sounds like Celtic had some experienced players out there so no excuse really. At least that's what it seems from afar.

What a start to the season for ICT. Go for it John. Vindication is looming  and the Naysayers are trying to decide which parts of the humble pie they will have to eat? :crazy:

What a start to the season for ICT. Go for it John. Vindication is looming  and the Naysayers are trying to decide which parts of the humble pie they will have to eat? :crazy:

But we're still behind where we were at the same stage last season, on goal difference.  :lol:

But we're still behind where we were at the same stage last season, on goal difference.  :lol:

although we have conceded 2 goals less ......

Before the match started I was in a relaxed kind of state and saw the scoreline in my mind--just as it turned out.

I also figured the crowd would be 6,000 or so. Frankly, for a match like this the actual crowd at 5832  was close but still disappointing.  What with the change of pace demonstrated by ICT recently, the new tactics proving their worth and  honest and straightforward-speaking  Manager doing his best to bring good changes to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, one can only hope tat the current success will be rewarded by greater support. 

Goodness, as a Caley Thistle fan what more could you ask--who would have thunk it, eh? :clapoverhead:

• Agree 1

Before the match started I was in a relaxed kind of state and saw the scoreline in my mind--just as it turned out.

I also figured the crowd would be 6,000 or so. Frankly, for a match like this the actual crowd at 5832  was close but still disappointing.  What with the change of pace demonstrated by ICT recently, the new tactics proving their worth and  honest and straightforward-speaking  Manager doing his best to bring good changes to Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, one can only hope tat the current success will be rewarded by greater support. 

Goodness, as a Caley Thistle fan what more could you ask--who would have thunk it, eh? :clapoverhead:

Apparently we have lost 500-1000 due to the merger aftermath.

• Agree 1

Celtic boss Ronny Deila on BBC Radio Scotland

Posted at 14:41

"In the first half we had three very big chances and they had nothing. The second half was more even and we were too passive. I wanted more intensity in the final 20 minutes but Inverness played well, so congratulations to them."

A little bit of sour grapes, perhaps, then the grudging admission  which served to explain away the loss...."ICT played well 

Mr Deila, this result will not happen too many times to your team this season so you could easily have not said the first 14 words and shown your class by giving our team the accolade and left it at that. On the day you failed.

Still, your job is on the line already since you are somewhat of a new and unknown quantity at  Parkhead and the Celtic hordes won't tolerate too many days out like this I'm afraid.

• Agree 2

No contribution from me during the match I just couldn't take my eyes of the screen.

A great win a great match and dont't be kidded We didn't allow the Tic's the chance to play through us we out foxed them. Biased pundits claiming the Tics werent pkaying well lol......... They were trying their damndest but seldom getting through and when they did Deano was brilliant, alert, quick to react and playing a true Keepers role.

Have read through your running comments IHE and agree. will give you a ten for that.

Yogi's critics  :redcard:  Brills critics  :redcard:   ICT :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy: :notworthy:   :ictscarf:

• Agree 2

Celtic boss Ronny Deila on BBC Radio Scotland

Posted at 14:41

"In the first half we had three very big chances and they had nothing. The second half was more even and we were too passive. I wanted more intensity in the final 20 minutes but Inverness played well, so congratulations to them."

A little bit of sour grapes, perhaps, then the grudging admission  which served to explain away the loss...."ICT played well 

Mr Deila, this result will not happen too many times to your team this season so you could easily have not said the first 14 words and shown your class by giving our team the accolade and left it at that. On the day you failed.

Still, your job is on the line already since you are somewhat of a new and unknown quantity at  Parkhead and the Celtic hordes won't tolerate too many days out like this I'm afraid.

To be fair i don't see to much wrong in what he said.....miles better than what Lemmon used to come out with 

Yogi's critics  :redcard:  Brills critics  :redcard:   ICT :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy:  :notworthy: :notworthy:   :ictscarf:

Happy clappers that said naysayers wanted ICT to fail as it was 'personal' against Yogi :redcard:

A great result like this and the usual suspect tried to make it 'them' and 'us'.  Everyone wants ICT to win!  Everyone wants Yogi to succeed!  As many did with Butcher, all naysayers want to hold their hands up and say their wrong.

Amazing this still needs said....

:ictscarf:

• Agree 3

Really enjoyed that today and not just because we defeated Celtic more the manner of our performance - best home performance under Yogi IMO. The passing today was a joy to watch purely due to the fact is was quick and effective. I really liked at times when we caught Celtic's defence out and Watkins and Mckay got the fast break. Marley Watkins was my MOTM today - superb!

Play with that intensity next Saturday vs Killie and hopefully the result will take care of itself. 

Interesting to note, I noticed Steve Marsella sitting with the fans in the Main stand today - Scouting? 

• Agree 1