Inverness CT -V- Celtic

gordieict

Nah. I'm going with DoofersDad's reasoned post. It seems difficult to be rational without being 'jumped on' for perceived negativity! 

We've made a great start to the season. That should rightly be acknowledged and celebrated - but it's very early days. It's a solid foundation - but the hard work lies ahead.

Look ahead to January, I think it's 7 games in a short space of time. 34 games from the finishing line is too soon to be thinking we're going to do this or that.

It's 10 points on the board - points we'll need when things start going sticky for us and we go through the inevitable difficult patch.

Anybody denying that Celtic were playing their reserve team against us is simply wrong - davie! (above post)

Just because a club's 'reserve' team is packed with quality doesn't negate it from being such.

If we kept only one player (say, Draper) in our team to take the field against Kilmarnock next week, I'm sure you would agree it was a weakened ICT team...or indeed a reserve team.

We were simply fortunate to meet Celtic in a fixture they didn't want - but were clinical in taking advantage of that and getting a bonus 3 points. These points could be huge when it comes to top 6 - or dare I say it, higher up!

Don't get carried away though - we were top after 8 games last season and stayed 2nd until game 15 - but ended up 5th. It's a long season. Enjoy it, it's brilliant - but don't lose sight of the fact that once Celtic hit the top, they will just soon stretch away.

Goood performance and great result. It may have been a 'weakened' Celtic team but I would be interested to cpmpare the combined salary of their starting eleven to ours. I am sure the difference would be at least five fold and probably a good deal more.

Credit to yogi and the coaching staff for this one. He was right we did ride our luck a bit in the first half but so did Celtic the half time score could well have been 2 all. What did confuse me was his reference to the last 25 minutes as being 'like the Alamo'. From where I was sitting, we dealt with Celtic with the utmost ease with hardly a single scare after we scored.

Edited by Kingsmills
  • Agree 2

At the end of the day we are already 10 points clear of relegation - we are on a bit of a run and the longer that we can maintain it the better. Getting points in the bag with a squad as small as ours is a huge bonus. And I suspect that Hamilton fans are feeling much the same.

Nah. I'm going with DoofersDad's reasoned post. It seems difficult to be rational without being 'jumped on' for perceived negativity! 

We've made a great start to the season. That should rightly be acknowledged and celebrated - but it's very early days. It's a solid foundation - but the hard work lies ahead.

Look ahead to January, I think it's 7 games in a short space of time. 34 games from the finishing line is too soon to be thinking we're going to do this or that.

It's 10 points on the board - points we'll need when things start going sticky for us and we go through the inevitable difficult patch.

Anybody denying that Celtic were playing their reserve team against us is simply wrong - davie! (above post)

Just because a club's 'reserve' team is packed with quality doesn't negate it from being such.

If we kept only one player (say, Draper) in our team to take the field against Kilmarnock next week, I'm sure you would agree it was a weakened ICT team...or indeed a reserve team.

We were simply fortunate to meet Celtic in a fixture they didn't want - but were clinical in taking advantage of that and getting a bonus 3 points. These points could be huge when it comes to top 6 - or dare I say it, higher up!

Don't get carried away though - we were top after 8 games last season and stayed 2nd until game 15 - but ended up 5th. It's a long season. Enjoy it, it's brilliant - but don't lose sight of the fact that once Celtic hit the top, they will just soon stretch away.

I'm not "jumping" on anybody, just disagreeing with the reasoning. I didn't take issue with it being a "reserve" side, I disagreed with it being "severely weakened"

If Mr Deila can intone that he has 16 very professional players then that is good  enough for me. The players he had on the park were not quite as dynamic as ours in terms of the fact that we won  but they also played as well as they could and that's a top team Celtic had out. On his day and game Kris Commons is a dynamite player.

The movers and shakers in the history of the past hundreds of years were people who I assume dwelled on the positive and put aside negative thoughts. They kept the positive visions they had in the forefront of their lives and did not allow doom, depression uncertainty, etc. to cloud their forward-thinking momentum.

So, all I would say is .."why not say something positive and forget to qualify it with negative comments. That's much more inspiring and  a heck of a lot more fun to read.

• Agree 1

I'm just tying to keep things in perspective, SP. Our league fixtures finish in May next year - we're still in August 2014!

The movers and shakers in the history of the past hundreds of years were people who I assume dwelled on the positive and put aside negative thoughts.

Tell you what, I'm glad Churchill didn't 'put aside negative thoughts' when Hitler was heading into Poland! If he had 'dwelled on the positive', he might have assumed the Germans were simply visiting old friends! :laugh:

Baloney Sneckboy.

He used positive thoughts to muster an increase in armaments, urgently review and strengthen plans to

thwart Hitler, inspire the population of London during the Blitz by walking amongst them and the rubblesurrounding them, bucked up the spirit of the British public by strong defensive broadcasts of the like of"never surrender "exhortations; and a hundred other positive actions including setting up the Bletchley Park facility to break the Germans' communication codes which allowed for the U bOat menace to be defeated handily-eventually, resolving to give the Jerries a taste of their own medicine by fire bombing half the cities of Germany (e.g Hamburg had temperatures of over 1,000 degrees), bottling up the German U-boats by attacking their pens in St Nazaire,France etc.

If he ever suffered depression and doubt he did not express it to the people but bore his own burden ofresponsibility unflinchingly. i.e positively.

I'm just tying to keep things in perspective, SP. Our league fixtures finish in May next year - we're still in August 2014!

The movers and shakers in the history of the past hundreds of years were people who I assume dwelled on the positive and put aside negative thoughts.

Tell you what, I'm glad Churchill didn't 'put aside negative thoughts' when Hitler was heading into Poland! If he had 'dwelled on the positive', he might have assumed the Germans were simply visiting old friends! :laugh:

That would have been Chamberlain.