League Cup 2014/15 - 3rd Round draw (last 16)

Sneckboy

Draw for this season's League Cup 3rd round is tomorrow at 1pm (from Aberdeen).

The 2nd round ties are tomorrow night, with the exception of Queen's Park v Rangers which is a 1st round game - with the winners playing ICT.

It's seeded, with the top 8 ranked teams from last season being kept apart. A little 'messy' at present, but will be revised after tomorrow night's games.

One thing that strikes me while writing this - which 'pot' will the likely Rangers or Inverness ball, go into!?

• Aberdeen (seeded)
  • Celtic (seeded)
  • Dundee or Raith
  • Dundee United (seeded)
  • Falkirk or Cowdenbeath
  • Hamilton or Alloa
  • Hibernian or Dumbarton
  • Kilmarnock or Ayr
  • Livingston or Queen of the South
  • Morton or Partick
  • Motherwell (seeded)
  • Queen’s Park or Rangers or Inverness CT
  • St Johnstone (seeded)
  • St Mirren or Dunfermline
  • Stenhousemuir or Hearts
  • Stranraer or Ross County

Draw for this season's League Cup 3rd round is tomorrow at 1pm (from Aberdeen).

The 2nd round ties are tomorrow night, with the exception of Queen's Park v Rangers which is a 1st round game - with the winners playing ICT.

It's seeded, with the top 8 ranked teams from last season being kept apart. A little 'messy' at present, but will be revised after tomorrow night's games.

One thing that strikes me while writing this - which 'pot' will the likely Rangers or Inverness ball, go into!?

• Aberdeen (seeded)
  • Celtic (seeded)
  • Dundee or Raith
  • Dundee United (seeded)
  • Falkirk or Cowdenbeath
  • Hamilton or Alloa
  • Hibernian or Dumbarton
  • Kilmarnock or Ayr
  • Livingston or Queen of the South
  • Morton or Partick
  • Motherwell (seeded)
  • Queen’s Park or Rangers or Inverness CT
  • St Johnstone (seeded)
  • St Mirren or Dunfermline
  • Stenhousemuir or Hearts
  • Stranraer or Ross County

They are making the draw before the games are played?

With the seeding, surely they can't make the draw until after our game with the Huns/QP, as we would be seeded but they wouldn't. Or is it an attempt to seed the huns by the backdoor (which sounds a bit rude!).

Just to clarify, I meant tomorrow as in Wednesday, but 15 of those ties will settled tonight. Apologies, what I wrote was misleading.

What's still not clear is which 'pot' we'll be in! I suspect 'Rangers or Inverness' will be in the seeded 'pot'.

It does look like a sneaky way of Rangers avoiding the top 8 what are the chances of getting picked against the team seeded 9th. If we win we are still in 1st pot. If we lose 9th becomes 8th and rangers play a seeded team.

I smell a rat as a time when Rangers need money.Just like hearts players can serve a ban in their sleep but a champions league team can't.

Scottish football being manipulated to benefit the Rangers...surely not....

Probably worried about civil unrest.

They really just can't help themselves, can they? Does Doncaster go to a special yoga class so that he can bend over backward for der Hun?

Anyone got a date for this?

The 3rd round games are due on the 23rd and 24th September.

No date for the Rangers away game yet though - I've heard speculation that it maybe the week before (16th or 17th September).

Anyone got a date for this?

The 3rd round games are due on the 23rd and 24th September.

No date for the Rangers away game yet though - I've heard speculation that it maybe the week before (16th or 17th September).

Oh jeez, they'll be Union Jack/Britain mad!

Still none the wiser on what's happening with the seeding for tomorrows draw!

Definitely seeded, by my reckoning, are Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee United, Motherwell, St. Johnstone, St. Mirren and Ross County.

The 8th team could be Kilmarnock, but it could also be 'Rangers or Inverness CT'. But with a ranking of 17th out of the 17 teams remaining, Rangers should be nowhere near the top 8 seeds!

Having had a quick squint through the rules I can't find anything which makes provision for having the draw under such circumstances.

The only thing I can think would be a way round it would be to replace the "Killie" and "Rangers/ICTFC" balls with "Killie/ICTFC" and "Killie/Rangers" balls....then depending on the outcome of our game delete as applicable.

• Agree 1

Having had a quick squint through the rules I can't find anything which makes provision for having the draw under such circumstances.

The only thing I can think would be a way round it would be to replace the "Killie" and "Rangers/ICTFC" balls with "Killie/ICTFC" and "Killie/Rangers" balls....then depending on the outcome of our game delete as applicable.

We will be seeded. Therefore, should the hordes of darkness beat us, then they will be seeded. Job done. Civil unrest avoided. Stupidity reigns.