Our game against Killie-significant.

Scarlet Pimple

What is sure is that Kilmarnock will pose a bigger threat than Celtic this weekend. Then we have even harder games. It is one challenge at a time.

Celtic will win this league by 20-30 points. It is impossible to compete with a club of their stature over 38 games.

I disagree. It may be more difficult to compete over a whole season but that doesn't mean we cannot compete. The defeatist attitude of many of the SPFL clubs in this matter makes iteven easier for Celtic to win the title by maybe 20/30 points. If every team had a go at them at home, difference may be closer than everyone thinks because, to be honest, Celtic are not a great team and have weaknesses especially in defence.

What is sure is that Kilmarnock will pose a bigger threat than Celtic this weekend. Then we have even harder games. It is one challenge at a time.

Celtic will win this league by 20-30 points. It is impossible to compete with a club of their stature over 38 games.

I'm not convinced they are that far ahead of the rest as they have been.  They look far more beatable than previously having already lost matches to Leiga Warsaw and Maribor - and to us, of course.  With all due respect to Warsaw and Maribor, they are a far cry from Barcelona who Celtic beat under Lennon.  Sure they have a large and expensive squad but will the new manager be able to get them to play consistently together as a team?  What will the team sprit be when so many of these players are only involved occaisionally?  How will the expectations of the fans and their reaction to failure impact on the team.

I can see Celtic failing to win quite a lot of games this season.  If one or two of the rest of the teams steps up and can develop the winning habit even when not playing at their best, Celtic could be given a run for their money.  I certainly fully expect them to win the league but it just might be a good bit closer this year.

Kilmarnock will be our toughest test so far this season I'd say, we'll be doing well to still have our clean sheet by 6pm Saturday. Looking ahead we're going into a busy period, hopefully the good work this far can continue.

Kilmarnock will be our toughest test so far this season I'd say, we'll be doing well to still have our clean sheet by 6pm Saturday. Looking ahead we're going into a busy period, hopefully the good work this far can continue.

Never mind 6pm - I'm looking at 3.06pm - a clean sheet record!

But, in seriousness, I'd happily concede in 2 minutes as long as we win the game!

Aall games are significant, and 3 points are given regardless of opposition (if you win).

Obviously, later in the season, some games take on greater significance when placings are up-for-grabs, but at present, these bread-and-butter (not high-profile) games are where the better teams gain momentum. I rate Killie as a good side, despite losing Boyd. Dangerous. But we've got enough to beat them if we perform on the day.