Destinies in Motion, PRICE REDUCTION.

In order to increase the readership of our newly produced fantasy novel, we have recently reduced the price of  Destinies in Motion by some 17%. 

Initially written as the first part of a trilogy,whether or not my wife, Liliya V Galitskaya, who wrote the book or myself, Roderick,the Editor, will ever make money from the work is very open to question. This depends on so many circumstances beyond our control that we must concentrate on encouraging folks to actually read the book from cover to cover, in order to gain the greatest essence of it, as a first step. 

Our goal here, then, would be for us to enjoy the emotional fulfillment of knowing that people had actually read the book from cover to cover and had shared with us in absorbing the personalities of the many characters, both animal and human, that populate it, appreciate the quirks of these personalities and the impact on the story of their individual actions and thoughts....and enjoyed the whole experience greatly -- the emotions, the ambitions, the successes and the failures.

Within a short time, the leaders start to emerge and different  personalities begin to dominate, mostly through the pressure of circumstance rather than desire. Good comes to the fore and evil tries very hard to work its intent as well and frustrate good intentions by  imposing their goals through all the old dynamics of power, dominance and control.

The grave, exterior threat of the fierce and monstrous dragon, who came through a portal from another time and space, to the survival of not only the forest group but many other beings in that sphere as well, has to be faced down and contained and the way in which this is eventually accomplished is a refreshing surprise that will be revealed in due course. Suffice it to say that the resolution of this challenge is from the brain of the King of the forest, Tacker the cat, who again reveals his cool and reflective personality to solve the problem without harm to any entity. A positive person, not a naysayer or a whiner, and an action figure to boot.

Amongst the animals, all of whom speak perfect English, size and species is irrelevant since the brains and thoughts dominate our view of each and the outcome of their actions. e.g. one of the Forest Council, which has been formed to try to ensure the survival of the group, a tiny mouse named Mixie who, at first sight may appear to be completely insignificant, soon reveals the practicality and down-to-earth nature of her approach to life. In doing so, she not only validates her selection and place on the council but reminds us that  brain-power always trumps physical power and size.

Very soon, in your mind's eye, as you get to know the traits and views of the individual animals you will cease to think of them as separate from us humans and will overlook the differences in form. Instead we begin to appreciate their value as spiritual souls bent on doing the best that they can as they develop and grow in response to the mighty challenges presented to them of good versus evil. Always with the possibility hovering over them that death can be the outcome of too much daring or too much individuality undermining the teamwork necessary to bring about a more safe and stable societal framework within which they live.

At this point I will just ATTACH the words I penned some time ago as a promotional tool which still resonate with me, as I hope with you after you read the book, as an honest depiction in my mind of the value of our work which took two years to dictate, type, format edit, produce and self publish.

Had it not been so I would never have taken on this project in the first place. My faith in the work and it's value is absolute at this point regardless of how many eventual sales it may or may not yield. 

The way that animals on this planet are treated is shocking and if writing this book leads to a greater understanding of the fact that they have souls and feelings as well as us, and deserve our care and consideration first and foremost, then we will have achieved a momentous leap in our own spiritual growth.  

Now at $14.99 U.S., we have to consider this book to be excellent value for money. For the following reasons:

a. The average trade paperback is categorized as a trashy novelette with inferior quality paper, no illustrations, regular size of page and rarely more than 100-150 pages tops. Additionally, the interior will not have add-ons like drop caps (the style modification of the  large capital letter which begins the first word of each chapter which, more often that not, is in the same format as the text  itself), no illustrations, due to the cost and often the quality of paper cannot handle them, often a size of text which has been enlarged to make it appear as if the book is actually larger than it is (padding). I saw one the other day with all these faults and it also did not have  an "Acknowledgements" page at the front, nor a "Contents" list page at the front. Yet it was priced at $15.U.S. I was staggered.

Please COMPARE:

www.destiniesinmotion.com

a. Very large size pages.....9.61" X 6x69"...... on excellent quality, smooth paper.

b. 398 pages (print).12 Chapters.                 Please see Order page on website for details of Ebooks.

c. 22 illustrations (all done by Liliya in crayon colour but printed in black and white).

d. Kindle Ebook and any other type of Ebook.                 See Order page for details.

e. Professionally designed interior to our specifications: Drop caps, Individualized fonts for  Frontispiece, Foreword, Contents  and Acknowledgements pages. Chapter headings are Individualized.

Textual Font is Times New Roman, 12 point -- easily read.

Full colour cover, back and front, with information about the Author on the back.

PLUS Our beautiful website set-up by Scotty and Don to whom we are deeply indebted for their professionalism, care and consideration.............www.InTorNetDesign.com

Please forward questions or comments through the contacts page of our website. Or send a pm to me. All will be answered.

Meantime, many thanks for your interest and time.

Roderick (aka S.P.)

RODERICK - Destinies in Motion- Description.doc

For those readers who may be interested, here is the 5 star Review which is shown on the webpage of Destinies in Motion.:

It's short and sweet but gives an insight of what a seasoned Reviewer from Readers Favorite in the U.S.A thinks of our work.

This is 5 stars from a range of 1 - 5 and is a top review.

Readers Favorite is probably the largest book review and promotion site in the United States. Some film stars, such as Jim Carrie, submitted their manuscripts for their 2014 annual contest and, in his case, his work was selected for consideration for a prize. This contest is absolutely huge with countless categories, or genres, being considered....Enjoy.

:smile:

Review by Kathryn Bennett - 5 stars

Reviewed By Kathryn Bennett for Readers’ Favorite

Destinies In Motion by Liliya Galitskaya brings us into the adventures of Tacker or Tac, a house cat who is more than just that. He becomes the king of the forest and a feline that loves his family so much he seems to merge destines with them. He would do anything to help them. The Vladner family is a normal, everyday family. Lana is Tac’s mistress, the one he connects with the most, and it is Lana that must confront the magical changes that the family notices. The biggest problem in this, however, is that Lana does not actually believe in magic.

What a unique and adventure-filled romp. I have read stories and adventures from the pet's point of view before, but this one is a fresh breath and new take on that. I found myself smiling almost the whole time through this book even if I was not supposed to be smiling (serious parts) because I could see my cats in Tac and that will always make me smile. The writing is well crafted and flourished in a way that pulls you in. I found every passage descriptive but not overdone so that you could simply immerse yourself in the story and enjoy every moment. I could picture the characters, the places, and the adventures of treasure hunting and more. If you are someone who enjoys the outline of a quest with a unique telling of the tale, I would recommend this book. I fully enjoyed it from cover to cover.

If you are thinking of writing a book, this is how  Reader's Favorite does the review process.The ratings for our book appear immediately above the name of the subject.                     We scored 23 out of 25 with an overall rating of 5.

Book Review Mini-Critique

Below you will find ratings (scale of 1-5) with descriptions for the major parts of your book
followed by your Readers' Favorite review. Although these are general ratings we hope they
will give you an insight into how others may view the different components of your book.
These are the opinions of your reviewer, and although your reviewer is not an expert literary
critic or professional editor, they are at the very least, an avid reader of books just like
yours.

Title: Destinies In Motion
Author: Liliya Galitskaya
Genre: Fiction - Fantasy

Appearance:        The appearance of a book can make a significant impact on the
                             experience of a reader, whose enjoyment is often enhanced by an
                             enticing cover, an intriguing table of contents, interesting chapter
                             headings, and when possible, eye-catching illustrations.
Plot:                     The characters of a book should be well defined with strengths and
                             flaws, and while they do not have to be likable, the reader does have
                             to be able to form a connection with them. The tone should be
                             consistent, the theme should be clear, and the plot should be original
                             or told from a unique perspective. For informative books--those
                             without plot and characters--this rating refers primarily to your concept
                             and how well you presented it.
Development:       Development refers to how effectively you told your story or discussed
                             your topic. The dialogue should be realistic, the descriptions should be
                             vivid, and the material should be concise and coherent. Organization is
                             also a key factor, especially for informative books--those without plot

and characters.The order in which you tell your story or explain your
                             topic and how smoothly it flows can have a huge impact on the
                             reader’s understanding and enjoyment of the material.

Formatting:           Formatting is the single most overlooked area by independent authors.
                             The way in which you describe scenes, display dialogue, and shift point
                             of view can make or break your story. In addition, excessive
                             grammatical errors and typos can give your book an amateurish feel
                             and even put off readers completely.
Marketability:        Marketability refers to how effectively you wrote your book for your

target audience. Authors may include content that is above or below
                             the understanding of their target reader, or include concepts, opinions
                             or language that can accidentally confuse or alienate some readers.
                             Although by its nature this rating is very subjective, a very low rating
                             here and poor reviews may indicate an issue with your book in this
                             area.
Overall Opinion:   The overall starred rating takes into account all these elements and
                             describes the overall reading experience of your reviewer. This is the
                             official Readers’ Favorite review rating 5 for your book.

Review:                 Reviewed by Kathryn Bennett for Readers' Favorite

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy