Ross County NEW Manager

GaliantGrunt

He's resigned from QotS to take charge so no fee I guess.

I really am confused about football contracts RiG!

I do NOT understand how it all works.

McIntyre was at QotS under contract - surely a fee is required to 'prise' him away? Like when Terry went to Hibs - he was under contract at ICT, so they had to pay us compensation?

Maybe the fact McIntyre resigned from the post is key. Would that terminate his contract? I assume it must. But why leave your current employers in the lurch, receiving no financial gain?

To contrast Terry's situation - I certainly wouldn't describe the manner of his leaving as 'honourable' (anything but), but could he have made it 'worse' by resigning, thus depriving us of any financial recompense?

A lot of lowers is league managers have clauses allowing them to leave for free if a top flight club want them. Maybe this is the case here and by resigning he has forgone any money owed to him in regards to bonuses etc. that QotS may have been due to pay. Works out for both parties.

Indeed. I suspect McIntyre had let QotS know that, if he had the chance, he would want to move on if a team above them in the league structure came calling and some kind of clause was put. Likewise, QotS might have included something to forgo any compensation if they weren't meeting pre set targets and McIntyre could be sacked with no compensation paid. It's all unknown though and I suspect we won't ever know. Perhaps County paid another charity donation to the QotS youth set up?

Edited by RiG

I wonder what kind of names we can call Dodds when we play them ?   I cant think of any ````off the top of my head````     ` :crazy: 

Disappointing choice. Not enough seethe factor for my liking. Missing Deek already.

Billy Dodds as AM as well.

There's your seethe factor right there, Mantis. Dodds is a jug-eared walloper.

Asked and answered!