Partick Th -V- Inverness CT

Scotty

A minor blip in our season.....

On another note, I listened to the second half on the radio and never heard Billy's name once, poor bloke getting no service and his

confidence will drain. May be playing good football, by all accounts, but he's being marginalised imo.

Again making the chances and not taking them according to BBC Billy had 4 chances towards end of 1st half and early 2nd half but did not take them, still think we need another striker. I suppose the positive is we are playing good football so hopefully get back on track next week

Just back. I just couldn't work out what went wrong. Started well but gave away two very soft goals, not picking players up. We created a few chances but as the game went on Billy got more and more isolated. Draper struggled after being booked early and we did not close down. Credit to Partick they played very much to their strengths and we did not have a plan b to try to change the way the game was going.

We have taken 13 points out of 18 and despite today's bad score I am confident we will bounce back.

I agree we need a second striker though just to mix it up a bit and to keep billy on his toes!

Edited by Ayeseetee

Was at the game yesterday and I thought we done well in the first 20 mins and then it all went downhill. I think after the 20 or so minutes when they scored their equaliser Partick started to settle and went for more and we couldn't cope. As has already been said this game was just a blip which makes me wonder if the result had been different if we didn't have the international break seems we lost a bit of our momentum yesterday.

Ah well we move on, Bring on the Rangers! :ictscarf:

At least there's not a 2 week break to dwell on it - more like just 2 days! That's a good thing - we have The Rangers the-day-after-tomorrow; Partick is forgotten, we now need to concentrate on the Ibrox cup tie. It'll be a tough game, particularly with Draper and Shinnie missing through suspension.

• Agree 1

Well there were a few firsts yesterday. The Lansdowne Bar has to be the poshest feckin pre-match venue ever and Mary Hill was clearly not dressed for the occasion. And there was more discussion about feckin politics than there was about feckin fitba. Thank feck I can't vote, am stuck in Lancashire and do not have to choose between wearing a Yes or No badge. And then Naelifts arrived and full of feckin confidence !! I should have known then that it was going to be one of those days.

YES - We were "stunning" fer 20 minutes and IF we had deservedly scored a second and settled then YES we would have murdered them. And YES even then if we had taken our chance then it could have been 5 or 6 - 3. The first goal started with a Brill, a fantastic touch by Raven, a scintillating move and an impressive finish by Doran. And after the first goal we began to - from my perspective - started to be too feckin cocky and sprinkled with a fair degree of feckin showboating which was a big NO NO fer me. We simply underestimated Partick and payed the price.

NO - Graeme Shinnie - when you are playing against a player who clearly has a favoured left foot - you do not allow him to glide inside you. NO - Gary Warren and Josh Meekings - You pick your marker for any dead ball situation and you stick to it. nO you feckin do not stand off. NO - Ryan Christie - you do not drift back in to your own half to pick up the ball and try to hurry things up. NO - Greg Tansey - you do not play as the deep midfielder when you have limited options in front of you and NO - Gary Warren - you do not give away needless penalties with amateur tackles.

So YES there were positives and NO we should not be so cocky again this season and YES we can learn lessons and YEs we can improve.

BUT the biggest single worry fer me is that Billy McKay is looking like a feckin Alex Salmond in a promising set up. what the feck has happened to him ? To me his head has gone down and he is a shadow of what he was and could be. He simply looks feckin pished off with the manner in which he is being played, he looked a forlorn figure at times yesterday, with little if any support and bereft of movement around him. Tansey, Christie and Doran were simply far, far, far too deep.

I will give my MOM to Dean Brill who created our goal, saved a penalty and, in the end saved our goal difference from a bashing, Raven and Shinnie were solid - apart from the first goal which Shinnie did learn from. Warren was commanding but fecked up twice. Meekings too looked solid. We really missed Draper who got a knock when he was booked and possibly should have been hooked earlier. Tansey played far too deep and we looked to him too often but again we should learn from that, Doran to me is still not fit. Watkins has the look of being a new Barry - either Wilson or Robson. Christie annoyed the feckin shitt out of me and I would have hooked him a lot earlier and totally hol licked him, there is NO I in team - but he is a considerable talent and will learn - or YES be feckin told. And I have said it all about wee Billy - who like the team needs a supporting forward and a Plan B which was needed yesterday but was it available - NO - and that is a big worry.

But YES - that lesson was probably needed and YES we will benefit from the experience - and let us hope it begins to show on Tuesday when we will not think that all we have to do is to turn up and look pretty,

And NO I do not have a vote and NO I will not go into my politics and YES I will be happy when the referendum is over and NO I ain't going back to the Lansdowne Bar unless I am taking Kylie Minogue to the next Plastic Whistle away day.

• Agree 1

Yeah we were good 1st 20 minutes up until we scored but that stirred Partick who went up another level. Once they turned it 2-1 I thought our play was lacklustered, some poor passing and lacking ideas how to break through. Disappointing since Partick weren't fantastic going forward, they were clinical in taking the few chances they had.

I can't even pick a player that stood out for us, we were all below par and McKay has gone off colour, he looked like he was still in Hungary.

To add the referee was poor yesterday, Higginbotham should have been off.

Moving on, I hope this is a wake up call to pull ourselves together for the trip to Rangers.