CJT call for volunteers 20.09.14

davie

Is there anyone out there who would be prepared to give us a hand with a bucket collection at the stadium before the match against St. Johnstone? We are raising funds to supply Inverness Street & Youth League with a portable defibrillator, an important first aid tool that they don't have at present. Although rare, there have been a couple of instances in Scotland recently where the availability of a defibrillator might have saved a young life. If you can help, please pm me or just meet us at the sports bar an hour before kick off and we'll give you a bucket to rattle. There's absolutely no reward other than being able to prise as much out of your fellow fans as you can! Cheers my dears.

good to hear ongoing training is provided Maimie as I would think these things would be dangerous in untrained hands!!

You'd think so (!), but actually these modern, portable defibrillators are really easy to use and very safe. The machine 'talks-you-through' the steps.

One think many folk don't realise is that the machine won't deliver a shock if there's a 'normal' heart rhythm present....so you couldn't, for example, play a 'practical joke' and 'shock' a person who's fallen asleep!

• Agree 1